Do I have bad taste in music? Do you?

Wow, proud of myself. I was actually close. How much did you like this series? I’ve just read like 4 or 5 issues.

I just have the one book right now, but I enjoyed it.

1 Like

No I don’t watch anime, I never have. I have a friend who is really into it. I made him a totoro stuffed doll for his birthday one year.

This is one of my favourite songs …

Here’s my comic book collection …

2 Likes

Am a big fan of Alan Moore

1 Like

I have Watchmen, but I haven’t got around to reading it yet!

Mr Turtle bought me all the Sandman comics for Christmas one year since my ex got the comics in the split.

1 Like

Bloody ex getting all the comics!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

An Alan Moore I recommend is From Hell about Jack the Ripper. Was made into a movie which sucked but the novel is amazing. J

1 Like

I’ll look out for it. Is it a graphic novel or just text?

1 Like

Graphic novel in black and white.

1 Like

Cool! We go to a comic / pop culture festival each year called SupaNova. I’ll look for it there this year!

1 Like

I love black and white art. There’s something more intimate about it.

Edit: Wow, I glanced at the google images of that book. Looks stunning. Maybe I’ll read it one day. I like those types of stories.

1 Like

Is brilliant. And his theory on who Jack the Ripper was is amazing.

1 Like

What’s the pacing like? Normal for a graphic novel? I tend to prefer the fast pace of shorter comic books, but I could maybe get used to the graphic novel pace.

1 Like

No this is quite a long story. You get to see who Jack the Ripper is fairly early on - the book is more about what happens to him throughout the murder spree. Is set in a bleak Victorian London.

1 Like

I was looking at other art of the book’s artist, Eddie Campbell. He’s great, gets a lot of personality in his work. Versatile too it seems, though lots of black and white stuff.

1 Like

There is no accounting for tastes. One persons outrage is sublime to another.

1 Like

As popeye says I am what am. So I like what I like in the way of music. :musical_score: Music is clothes for the soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z67IqrmygZY

1 Like