Do I have bad taste in music? Do you?

I dont know if i posted this already but this is the classics

2 Likes

One of my favorite albums. Daedelus is really cool. Dreamt of drowning is literally what drowning would probably sound like though i wouldnā€™t know. Ive dealt with fire but never water. Patent pending sounds like a robot being born. And sawtooth ekg. Well it sounds like it got chopped up a lot. Denies the Days Demise is the one album where the song titles really go along with the sound.

1 Like

This is my favorite song by him and its pretty recent. It sounds like a synthesizer had a really good day and played this happy tune. I think ive posted this one before idk. Im running out of stuff lol. But ill never run out of music. As long as im still breathing ill keep finding new tunes

1 Like

One more and then im gonna try to go to bed. But ive been playing insomnia man tonight so i think ill just keep posting lol

1 Like

I know i havenā€™t posted fly lo yet

2 Likes

Austin Peralta was a fantastic jazz pianist. Sadly he died a few years ago from an OD. He was only 22

1 Like

Did you know heā€™s the grand nephew of the great jazz musician Alice Coltrane? They have some musical similarities because Alice did very experimental jazz like Sun Ra.

1 Like

U mean flying lotus? Yea. I remember him saying in an interview how he would visit his Aunt and she would talk to him about spirituality. Alice Coltrane was really into buddhism and stuff.

She did a decent amount with Pharoah Sanders who is my all time favorite

2 Likes

The harp should be used more in jazz. She had a hell of a touch on both the piano and harp. And I love the soothing spiritual sound she goes for at times. I like Pharaoh too.

1 Like

Yea it makes sense that fly lo would go into a similar direction with experimental spiritual. This song samples one of Alice Coltranes and Santanas song ā€œangel of airā€

2 Likes

Have u heard Flying Lotus rap before? He also raps under the name Captain Murphy. I would post the video (he made a whole movie to the album Duality/Captain Murphy). But it might get flagged since its pretty explicit and deals with cult themes

This is one of my favorite harp pieces ive heard

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard him rap a little. In the past I liked hip hop, but it was an occasional liking. I needed to be in the right mood for it. But now Iā€™ve been nuts about hip hop. Iā€™ll listen to more of his stuff.

Edit: Iā€™m listening to his Captain Murphy work. It sounds great. I love the gothic sound.

1 Like

Heres some new age jazz u might like and u too @anon84763962. Im seeing these guys in 2 weeks. They wonā€™t have the singer but even solo these guys r great

Heres a remix of Ocarina of Time

1 Like

Sounds like a pretty good show. Itā€™s very pleasant sounding music.

1 Like

Tony Hawks Underground had one of the best soundtracks imo.

1 Like

GTA Vice City for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

That game had The Message by Grandmaster Flash. Gta always had good soundtracks. Well maybe not gta 4 that was so so. But san andreas, vice city and 5 had great soundtracks

1 Like

It aint about whos the dopest but who gets the fans to focus.

Cant forget the bass!

2 Likes

Count Bass D IS my favorite hip hop artist and this is my favorite album. He makes the best beats and has a fun style. The rapper on the song is Edan who is also really fun. I love tom foolery in hip hop. When musicians make hip hop fun and not so morbid it really catches my ear. Not that i donā€™t like serious rap too but from the words of KRS-One the destruction of the next man is far from reality

1 Like