4 Likes

Very interesting article.

1 Like

What’s a DIY CRISPR?

1 Like

Do It Yourself gene editing.

1 Like

Anyone know any mad scientists?

My brothers would be so interested in this. I shudder to think of what they would do to themselves.

1 Like

Although I can see the problems this could cause, I hope they don’t make it illegal. Not only big corporations and government should have this power.

3 Likes

Bioengineering Pepsi can’t be the highest achievement for mankind!

2 Likes

I am way to cautious to do anything even remotely like this.

1 Like

Nope, that’s it. We’ve reached the pinnacle. Gonna sip my Cherry Pepsi while I look down upon the history of human achievement.

3 Likes

“That’s why, he says, he injected himself in front of the crowd at the conference. “I want people to stop arguing about whether it’s okay to use CRISPR or not use CRISPR, or it’s okay to genetically modify yourself,” he says. “It’s too late: I already made the choice for you. Argument over. Let’s get on with it now. Let’s use this to help people. Or to give people purple skin.””

Let’s use this to help ppl indeed.

So? Is it possible to cure schizophrenia?

1 Like

Nope. Not today, not yet.

Pass… he has a free rick shirt on dammit rick and morty… and injected himself with the double muscle mass cocktail he made in his garage…

Are things about to get weird? Can i grow a tail that has another hand on the end of it? Can they double my brains computational power? Will there be nachos? I guess we shall see…

2 Likes

I would line up for purple skin.

2 Likes

I was just thinking that… id like dark blue skin please… would be pretty dam funny if 2 diff dna laced mtdews were released either making you blue or purple…

2 Likes

It’s definitely risky. But it seems like the FDA is ultra risk averse to new technology and not really set up to handle bio medicine (gene, stem cell).

So, it might be helpful when it comes time to approve trials for polygenic diseases if people have been doing it for years already. And if it goes bad, we can all say “well yeah, he made it in his garage” and hopefully it won’t set the tech as a therapy back 20 years.

2 Likes

3D print biohacking