Difficulty expressing myself

Even on this group. I lurk. It’s hard to post anything and I get all paranoid about what I do post. I am trying to break out of that mind set. Any advice?

1 Like

I do the same. Just post whenever you feel like it. Don’t worry about people being judgemental, they’re generally nice on here. Feel free to share your experiences or add input to whatever you might enjoy talking about. There are a lot of nice people here

4 Likes

Expressing myself greatly helps me release stress. Yeah if someone that didn’t have an mi read some our posts I’m sure they could get a nice laugh or 2 but who cares.

I think all of us could work on Being less sensitive.

keep trying. sometimes it is easier to write / type rather than to speak so these forums are good for us.

judy

3 Likes

People here are a lot smarter than society gives us credit for. You can post anytime. “Move the muscles and the mind will follow.” Dr. Low Preprogram your brain to move your hand and your eye muscles, and your mind will follow. “Feelings lie to us and deceive us and tell us of danger where there is none.” Dr. Low “Fear is a belief in danger.” “Change your beliefs.” Dr. Low “Do what you hate and fear to do, and you will put a death in the belief of danger.” Dr. Low “Have the courage to make a mistake.” Dr. Low

2 Likes

I teally like that, “Have the courage to make a mistake,” …but the wisdom not to keep repeating it.

1 Like

I like your profile picture Valarie…
Do you know Patrick Rothfuss? He writes fantasy books. He’s from Midwest too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another Rothfuss fan? I wonder if the trilogy will ever get its conclusion…

1 Like

I even emailed Pat to ask for a probable deadline as regards book 3 “The doors of stone” but probably he gets tons of such requests. Obviously he didn’t write back :sob:

1 Like

Maybe you could try creative writing. It might not make you the life of the party, but you might get some satisfaction from it.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s a cross-stitch picture my husband made for me. I adore fantasy, although I don’t read as often as I did pre-sz. I’ll have to look up Patrick Rothfuss! Thanks again.

1 Like