Did you see the recent report on MIN-101?

Sorry if already posted. Minerva put a presentation on their website just a few days ago, March 15. It covers the latest MIN-101 results, plus their other drug candidates.

It’s a pdf file. This link directs to the page the file is on.

It looks pretty good. Fingers crossed the results hold true in phase 3.

http://ir.minervaneurosciences.com/events.cfm

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks for posting. Another exiting one is Avn 211, and Rp5063

1 Like

I’m thinking of making a spreadsheet of the various meds, which neurotransmitters they target, which symptoms they target, and where they are in testing phase. I tend to check obsessively. It’s frustrating how a drug can pass phase 2 and then there will be no news on it at all for 2-3 years and you wonder wtf happened.

1 Like

I read someplace they’re having a meeting next week, but I can’t find it now, so I don’t entirely trust my memory. If they do, perhaps there will be some more news articles and some commentary by the company.

1 Like

Who have a meeting next week? Several drug companies are currently in the spotlight.

It’s not even listed on their website

I thought I read that Minerva Neurosciences did. But since I can’t find it now, maybe not.

1 Like

The meeting I mentioned? Yeah, kinda makes me think I’m mis remembering or it may have been another company, but I guess we’ll find out next week if there are any press releases.

No Avn 211 is supposed to be in phase 3

I can’t find any reports indicating it (AVN 211) has reached phase 3. Have you seen it on clinicaltrials.gov?

1 Like

No I haven’t just in Wikipedia

That only says AVN 211 has completed phase 2. I haven’t found any news that the company has advanced it to phase 3, and there are no trials under that name on clinicaltrials.gov.

I hope I’m wrong, but as far as I can find, nothing is happening with it right now. One of those frustrating ones.

Nelonicline was another one of those that just sort of disappeared after phase 2, but I thought the results had been actually quite good for cognitive symptoms as long as you were a non smoker. Maybe I missed some news.

RP 5063 is advancing though, so yay there at least.

1 Like

Rp5063 is being approved for some kind of heart condition, not sz. For sz it hits all the familiar receptors so it will have all the side fx.

"RP5063 (also RP5000) is an atypical antipsychotic developed by Reviva Pharmaceuticals for the treatment of schizophrenia. This drug has a relatively complex mechanism of action, encompassing a variety of serotonergic and dopaminergic receptors. It functions primarily as a dopamine-serotonin system stabilizer by targeting the D2, D3, and D4 receptors and 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors as a partial agonist.

The drug also has a high affinity for the 5-HT7 and H1 receptors. In addition, it is thought to elicit an effect on the D1, D5, 5-HT6, 5-HT3, Alpha-1B adrenergic receptor sites, and serotonin transporter (SERT). Unlike some other antipsychotics, it doesn’t significantly affect neurotransmission at the 5-HT1B, 5-HT2C, Alpha-2 adrenergic, and muscarinic acetylcholine receptors."

According to the drug co they are in prep for phase 3 in sz.

They might lie dormant for a couple of years before they actually start this trial. Interestingly elsewhere on the reviva site they keep talking about pulmonary arterial hypertension. Which disease is rp5063 supposed to treat? But yes, they aren’t talking about ph iii trials just yet, are you sure they are being prepared? This one looks kind of like rexulti to me in terms of pharmacology. I am actually more excited about evenamide, isn’t its mechanism of action partially not neirotransmitter based? We shouldn’t limit everything to these familiar neurotransmitters too, or else there is too much “me too” going on.

Well, Reviva says they are in preparation, but I don’t know anything beyond what it says on the website. It’s not on ClinicalTrials.gov though so they are not recruiting participants. I know they have to develop the study criteria with the FDA and that could take awhile. If they have changed their priorities on what drugs to advance in their pipeline they might take their time. It is supposed to work for PAH but not sure how big that market is. Guessing that sz is bigger with more profit potential, but maybe harder to prove benefit.

It’s not as exciting as Evenamide, but it is probably closer to approval.

1 Like

Which drug are you guys taking about here?
As far as I know min 101 is just about to begin phase three and no hold ups.

1 Like

Last post was regarding RP5063. We got off into the weeds discussing the other stuff in the pipeline.

1 Like

I feel like “in preparation” could just mean they have finished ph II. Shouldn’t “in preparation” mean recruiting? Otherwise they may hold the ph III trials off for another year or more. Its funny how the pharmaceutical industry will focus on a drug like min-101 and completely ignore another like rp5063. I guess it just goes to show they aren’t perfect.

Also, will they release drugs which meet secondary but not primary endpoints or do they just scrap them like the did with encenicline? I think the reasonable response to failed primary endpts should not be to discontinue studies but to find a new indication for which the medication works.

We’re coming up on the end of the month @twinklestars, do you think we will get a report on whether Iti-007 being submitted to the fda? How soon, and how likely is it that it will? Will it just pop up on the Intracellular website on April first?