Defeating the psychiatrist - Piportil and Extreme Restlessness

Hello all,

I am currently on piportil 75mg and find it to be hell. I feel so restless much of the time and walk up and down constantly…it’s a living hell. I don’t have voices nor delusions but am stuck in a constant OCD loop…repeating words over and over again.

I want to overcome the restlessness but do not know how to. I have thought about taking levodopa to replace the dopamine lost to the antipsychotic but there are too many side effects. I also thought going in a sauna would degrade the antipsychotic but this did not work. I also exposed the injection site to a sports instant ice pack hoping the cold temperatures would destroy the chemicals stored however this also did not work.

Any ideas on how I might extract the injection chemicals from my muscle??

1 Like

Wouldn’t learning to communicate better be a better idea? You could even copy what you have written about the piportil and the symptoms and print it out. Giving it to your doc.

Um, the methods you have employed will not work. Once the injection is in, it’s in there. It goes into the bloodstream. Even a local application of something at the injection point, much like a snakebite might only extract a tiny bit of the poison. Most of it is already in your blood.
A Sauna or sweat lodge may purge some toxins from the body and make you feel good, but it wont extract anything deep in your system. That will only detox over time once in there. A detox tea may speed up the process and also remove some toxins from the body, but the chemical itself and its mental effects will still run their course for the most part.
Some have claimed a cold shower will sober you up…it might make you feel better but your blood alcohol level will not change. You must wait the time period for the alcohol to break down and be eliminated from your system.
The only solution to not have the effects of the drug is not to take the drug.

Funny, I just asked barbieBF what she meant by false claims of miraculous cures. There is no miraculous cure for what has been injected in you, unless there is an antidote available that you take, or God himself over rides the poison. Saunas and ice packs will do nothing.

Can you call your doctor to see if there
is something you can do? Or even a pharmacist?

Did you not take the medication orally for a few days? If I were going to be treated against my wishes, I would always ask to have four or five days orally first.

Agreed. Tell your psychiatrist what you wrote here. I know it’s difficult to trust doctors, but they are there to help.

Hi - you might try a different medication - talk to your psychiatrist about your problems. The medication you are using is a very old drug (called “Typical antipsychotics” with this known side effect. Perhaps you could try one of the newer (atypical) antipsychotics:

Here is your current medication:

Here is a list of all the possible medications available:

1 Like

Hi - the problem you mentioned that you are having is called Akathisia.

Here are details on it. Its a known side-effect of your medication.

I wish I could help you. By all means, get your med’s changed. The piportil can’t stay in your system forever. Work with your doctor to find med’s that work for you and that you can tolerate.

piportil is very similar to an injection i used to get called prolixin. it gave me the worst akathisia i’ve had. it also used to feel like little mercury sacks bursting in my muscles when they’d inject me. which, those injections also stung the most and for the longest time after it would hurt at least a little to sit. brutal. i hear you.

i took propranolol for the akathisia and it helped immensely. i couldn’t sleep for almost five full days and i was chewing up my tongue. seriously, the propranolol helped. a LOT.

there’s really nothing you can do to remove the injection once it’s happened. they have to put it deep into the muscle and into a big enough muscle (that’s why i always get them in the rump, unfortunately), once it’s in there, yeah, there’s no getting it out

mine only lasted two weeks at a pop, but i think you really should talk to your prescribing physician about either combatting the side effects or switching to something else. i ended up on haldol and it’s so much better in pretty much every way, but especially less side effects and the injections don’t hurt as much or for as long.

good luck to you

1 Like

That’s interesting what you say about levodopa. Does it improve thoughts, thinking better, at a better pace, more clearly