Decreased opposite sex attention after starting amisulpride?

Well this ones bit hilarious. Before I became sick I used to notice girls checking me out. I would catch them staring at me.

But since I began taking antipsychotics especially amisulpride I have sort of became invisible.

And if I happen to forget taking meds I notice girls checking me out.

Anyone have same experience?

I also find when I forget to take amisulpride my mood is better.

I am taking amisulpride 200mg.

Anti psychotic are supposed to lower libido… not so strange for me as myself i have lower libido. before med i can masturbate u 7 times a day now o rarely once a day…

I have also experienced dip in my libido.

What meds are you taking?

1 Like

Rispridal 4mg every night. .!!! I want to lower my dose…cause i dont have positive symptoms at all …!!!

Yes. I am no longer paranoid. So thinking of decreasing or may completely tapering off the meds.

Ehm, of course you are no longer paranoid; you’re on meds!
Maybe the paranoia makes you think girls are checking you out, and that’s what you experience when you stop taking meds?
Just a thought

1 Like

@Berru

It was before I had a psychotic breakdown. I was mentally healthy at that time. I could sense it was attraction.

Many of my female friends have told me they and other girls had crush on me. So I was not delusional at that time as well.

And I was never really schizophrenia like crazy. I never had any crazy delusions. I didn’t have any hallucinations either. I was just paranoid.

And my psychiatrist happened to tell me I am not a schizophrenic.

His theory is my severe anxiety started mimicking psychosis.

1 Like

Whatz ur diagnosis …geeknoid…!!!

@far_cry0

My psychiatrist didn’t make any specific diagnosis.

I was bit paranoid. I thought television and newspapers were talking to/about me. If there was a group of people on street and they stopped talking or had a laugh I thought it was about me.

But luckily I didn’t go insane. Somewhere in my mind I knew what I was experiencing was not real. I was pretty open towards meds and treatment.

My psychiatrist told me that I have severe social anxiety. And that anxiety dissolved my ego. And the condition started mimicking psychosis.

And you know problem with psychopathology is that every patient has unique problem. Sometimes they don’t fit into certain predetermined criteria like say paranoid schizophrenia.

Some patients experience various symptoms which don’t fit into one single illness. It’s same with me.

According to serious mentally ill patients and their experiences I feel lucky. And also disappointed that I still can’t face my anxieties and problems head-on.

1 Like

i take amisulpride 200mg daily, it does seem to affect my libido but i am glad that its not a higher dose, its a therapeutic dose i think but it keeps my mental illness at bay and i am grateful for that.

2 Likes

Can u switch ur med then …plz consult ur doc…

I also take amisulpride 200mg daily. Like Daydreamer it helps me a lot but also takes my libido away. Better no interest in sex than agitated and hearing voices!

@far_cry0

I don’t want to experiment hopping on different meds right now.

1 Like