Dear Hedgehog. I miss you

@Hedgehog I hope you are doing o k…I miss you and hope you are well.

3 Likes

She is still working …i am sure she is doing well…be happy dont worry…

1 Like

she works??? I didn’t know that.

1 Like

She teaches small kid in the school…

2 Likes

@jukebox, you are really a lovely person. Thank you for reaching out. :sparkling_heart:
I do work. I’m a Special Education Assistant. For many years I worked with severely disabled kids, and now I work with mild/moderately disabled high school kids. It’s only six hours per day, minimal responsibility, and I get all holidays and the whole summer off. It’s ideal.
Working is part of my managing my mind. It keeps me focused, for six hours a day, on something other than myself. I love my students. They are all from broken homes, abused, neglected, foster kids, etc. They need a lot of support and structure… It’s the perfect job for me.
I have been struggling with the forum lately. It feels very different. I feel like there’s been a push to be nothing but positive, which probably sounds like a good idea, but that’s not my reality. I feel like I am who I am, and I’m managing on a level that works for me, but I will always struggle and I feel judged (whether real or imagined).
Anyway, your reaching out means a lot to me. I hope you’re well, @jukebox. You deserve to be well and happy.

2 Likes

wow, I am impressed !! my sister teaches 2nd grade. she has for decades at the small town over a ways from my town. I am engaged if you haven’t heard and I am getting married at my sister’s place out in the country. gonna get drunk…haha…oh well…thank you dear sister. @Hedgehog

2 Likes

I too am really enjoying the work. I find it provides great structure and gives new meaning to life. I also am really enjoying the social aspect of it. It helps me a lot. Although for 7 1/2 years I really could not work At least not up to the speed I am now. Before that I could work 40 hours and I still can’t do that I don’t think but I have made great strides in working.

1 Like

When did you get engaged? Congratulations I didn’t hear! Hooray jukebox! That’s great news!

1 Like

Hooray, @jukebox!!! I’m very happy for you! Congratulations :tada::champagne::confetti_ball:I’ve been married for almost four years now. I think of it as the most optimistic thing I’ve ever done. It’s been very difficult, but very worth it.
I don’t think you post pictures of yourself on here? But I hope you will post pictures of the wedding :blush::heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t have photo capability on this computer…I will be posting pics on facebook…maybe we can friend eachother and then you could see the pics…don’t worry if you don’t facebook…a lot of people don’t. @Hedgehog

1 Like

When I was about 20-21 and attending an art university, I had a complete breakdown. I had to drop out of school and I was “holed-up” in my parents house for awhile. My parents paid for therapy and my therapist was very kind. She told me that my first step was just to buy a newspaper, basically just hold a newspaper with the idea that the next step was to look for a job…(this was before everyone had internet) I eventually found a job as a framer, and then another one at a gallery… One step at a time. I’ve since worked and not worked over the years, but found that I can’t handle gallery work anymore because of having to deal with people…special education is perfect for me.
I think work is a great distraction and great for structure and self-esteem.
I hope you find your perfect niche, @Jonnybegood. You have lots of time. :blush:

1 Like

I’m on FB. It’s the only way I keep in touch with most family and friends since I hate the telephone and I don’t go out much.

1 Like