Creatine( used in sports)

any interaction between your anti-psychotic and creatine usage?

I tried taking creatine to see if it would help with my symptoms and there was no interaction with the antipsychotics I was taking, however it didn’t help at all either.

1 Like

No, interaction at all, I’m using it for years!! Instead, it increases some cognitive impairments like concentration and focus. Creatine works on the Adonesine pathway… Look up Adonesine hypothesis (a new emerging cause/cure about schizophrenia)

1 Like

I ingest some of it in my preworkout drink, I think it helps me workout but other than that I think it’s safe. I told my psychiatrist about it and he was like “thats fine”

1 Like

I just started taking creatine monohydrate today for the gym, I had also read about it having minor antidepressant effects. Id imagine its from having increased energy.

2 Likes

Ive been taking for years also for my workout and it does help bust out a few more reps but if anything my sz has gotten worse.Im sure it’s not due to the creatine.Its funny people think it’s a miracle supplement that gives super powers but the only people that can benefit from it are those that have a accelerated metabolism that is already at its natural peak.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks

Just my opinion but I think the antidepressant effects come from the excersise itself and youd get that without any supplement .Im not taking meds although I should and excersise is the only thing that is keeping me from reeally losing it.

1 Like

I using creatine monogydrate everyday 4 pills… helps to gain weght while going to the gym