Could throwing up your coffee be a sign of sickness?

I’ve pretty much had every common mental health disorder ever to exist…but I have had good luck when it comes to physical disorders. Even since quitting the booze I have thrown up my coffee three times in the morning. I have a sensitive stomach it seems. One time I was actually sick…so we’ll say 2 times. But still a lot for 3 weeks. Could it be a sign of illness??? I may go to the doctor to ask him about it if it keeps happening.

1 Like

@Goyankees

Sorry to hear that. You should check with your GP.

Ask GP if it could be related to Naltrexone.

1 Like

I do if I drink 2 or 3 cups and start working. I think it’s just from downing them to fast and shocking my system

1 Like

Maybe I’ll try drinking slower. Thanks @Gonehuntin

1 Like

It could be a sign that your body isn’t tolerating the acidity very well. Do you add cream? If not, you may want to try it and see if that helps.

Yeah I do add cream. Way too much too lol. I wonder if my water quality plays an impact because it never happens at my parents house. My water is white from air until you let it sit five minutes and it clears. But maybe still not great. I think @kindness could be right though about the naltrexone cuz it seemed to happen right around when I started that med. but I will try sipping slower because I drink way too fast. I’ll ask my pdoc next time I see him as well.

2 Likes

Happens to me,
Did you eat with your coffee etc,

I don’t think it’s something to be too considered about.

Try to drink slower/ maybe less, eat a meal with coffee etc, stomach could be like oversensitive I guess like you said.
This happens to me ever now and then.

1 Like

A lot of times coffee will make me sick if I’m drinking it on an empty stomach.

1 Like

Could it be stress? Are you drinking coffee on an empty stomach? That could be a factor.

Acid reflux maybe?

1 Like

That usually causes bad burning sensations. or at least after you’ve had it for awhile.

1 Like

Just between u and me, i get diarriah from drinking coffee most of the time but i drink it everyday anyways. I will bring this up with my gp in the fall when i see him.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I drank it slower this morning and didn’t throw up. Well I only throw up once every 2-3 weeks typically, so it’s not an indication but it did feel a lot smoother and easier drinking it slow.

2 Likes
1 Like

My guess would be that it’s the combination of Naltrexone and excess acidity in your coffee.
Try taking your meds and coffee on a full stomach.

1 Like

Well, it sure ain’t a sign of health.

Could just be withdrawal. Geodon withdrawal had me gagging even at the smell of food. I also couldn’t drink anything except water without feeling sick. So maybe alcohol withdrawal is similar.

I threw up often when I was a daily drinker. After having my coffee and breakfast I often would throw up as a result of putting a toothbrush in my mouth. That stopped when I got sober, but I was never on naltrexone.

1 Like