Coming to terms with sz is a lifetime matter

there’s so much we can do for ourselves with sz to make a quality life for ourselves. but… the darn disease doesn’t go away. ever.

since my diagnosis at 22 years (i am 59 now) i’ve been trying to beat the thing. i think i am going to change course and try to live with it a whole lot better.

it ain’t going away and i hope to be here for a long while yet. it has been hard for me to accept the permanence of the disease. i cannot win without realizing i am limited and even slightly disabled because of the disease and i can lessen it better if i accept it all.

just thought i’d share today.

judy

6 Likes

I see from peoples posts… the happiest ones seem to adjust to their sz… very buddha of you… let me know how enlightenment is…

1 Like

well said, just sleep all day, gave up about a year ago but too afraid to die.
its been 16 years I’ve had enoygh

meghillagorilla. I am giving up on curing myself of sz but NOT on the quality of my life.

I keep plugging away at building a nice life for myself.

don’t give up on yourself. keep trying to enjoy.

nice having you around here on the forums. judy

2 Likes

I think we wise up when we realize that we really did hurt ourselves while psychotic, not o mention hurting others. That scares me into behaving.

2 Likes

It’s hard to accept that I am mentally ill. I don’t feel mentally ill but J know that if I push myself too hard I am vulnerable. It’s hard to accept that my brain works differently from everyone else’s, essentially making me feel like an outcast. rhe hardest part is the loneliness from not being able to get close to other people and that is for a lot of reasons.
Fear of being different or resenting them for not having the same problem are two of my issues that I struggle with. If the meds did not have the side effects that they do, it would not be as bad at this point.

1 Like

I agree!! I am learning a lot about having sz,i think I have come to terms with it.:slight_smile: