Classical music thread

Hey guys,

Post your favorite classical pieces here :blush:

heres a cool piece i found today, im a big fan of gloomy type classical

1 Like

Not sure if it’s really appropriate here but always been my favourite version of Minuet in G major.

1 Like

Of course no classical music thread would be complete without cannons.

3 Likes

How about Pop Classical? This is one of my favourite gems from youtube…

1 Like

My favorite is Chopin.

2 Likes

Maybe the most well-known composer of Finland. Brings back memories when I drove my auto in Washington D.C. next to the White House listening this music in my auto in the middle of the night in October 2000.

2 Likes

If you listen this Tchaikovsky and Sibelius, these are very similar.

Vanessa Mae with an electric violin playing Beethoven Symphony Nr. 5

tschaikovsky - nutcracker was on my stereo quite a bit at Christmas. don’t know how to post a video. sorry.

Just copy a Youtube link and paste it here like this.

1 Like

Still don’t get how you get the actual video to show.

@twang there is box on the right hand side when you post. Just wait a few seconds for it load but it will show up as a squarish picture image. Sometimes it’s a bit buggy so you may need to play with it a bit. But will give you an indication of if it’s working and if it’s set to go. This works for images as well.

Edited: it’s right hand side not left.

So should look something like this…On the bottom boxes.

Hmm… didn’t find a box.

Anyway, here are the Bach Cello Suites with Yo Yo Ma.

Hmm it might be different on phones. I’m only on a laptop also it’s wide screen as you can tell so maybe different. As with all things it’s trial and error to figure these things out sometime. But the link did come through just not embedded so that’s one thing.

1 Like

Mozart Piano Concerto #21

@SzAdmin - Where can we find instructions on how to embed a video please?

1 Like

I’m a David Garrett fan. Toccata and Fugue by Bach.

2 Likes

You just need to post the video link (youtube or Vimeo) on its own line by iteself, and include the full link. I think the problem with the link you posted was that you didn’t include the http://. Just copy the full link from the browser window at the top and paste it in.

Thanks for the directions @SzAdmin

3 Likes

When you first listen to the beginning of Gorecki’s music posted, you might think you are listening to nothing. The beginning is nearly silent for a reason.

Going through a very dark time in my life, I used to go out to my car and crank this loud with my windows down–while on breaks at work. Other co-workers would hear this when they were out smoking. One lady said,“That is very emotional.”

1 Like