Change in dx...again

Thanks @Minnii. He also said something else strange. He has been practicing for 30+ years and has noticed that age 42 tends to be an age where symptoms of my type seem to drastically taper off. Hope it holds true.

6 Likes

42 is the meaning of life :smile: Hope it goes like that for you.

4 Likes

I thought that same thing :grinning: I was tempted to ask him if he practiced Kabbalah.

1 Like

Lol He would probably change your dx back to sz :smile:

5 Likes

Well this was a priceless exchange…

Glad to hear your symptoms are fading @animalchin

1 Like

Haha @Minnii is a hoot!
Thanks @Azley. I think the cocktail is about right. Finally.

2 Likes

Good deal man…

Really that’s awesome… I forget what gabapentin does… but you don’t have to remind me.

1 Like

I know what gabapentin did for me. One word: hypersexuality.

That’s a good sign I hope. For me, when they changed my diagnosis from schizophrenia to schizoaffective it was a sign I was doing better. Than that was changed to bipolar with psychotic features, and finally adhd was removed from diagnosis and so were the psychotic features. Now I am just bipolar 1. Meaning I can become psychotic but very rarely in the case something triggers it. diagnosis is just a label, but it does give clues to how a person is doing according to their situation. I’m happy that the psychotic features was removed. I haven’t complained of psychosis for awhile, and often it was induced by an anti-depressant or reaction to a medication or stressful experience.

1 Like

This matches my observations :smile_cat: I think you’re on the right track. Hope the gabapentin does the trick for you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Good to hear you are getting better too @StarryNight!

1 Like

Mine have definitely tapered off some, but not as much as I’d like. Dang it.

Wanna trade?

Pixel.

p.s. Congrats on the good news, all jokes aside I’m very happy for you. And, no, I won’t try to kick you off the boards.

2 Likes

Thanks @shutterbug!
I still have a few years till I get there.

Thank you! I like it here.

1 Like

I started working steady when I was 43. I’m 49 now. I got more stable too.

1 Like

no matter what clinic I go to they keep my diagnosis the same, schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. I try to answer their questions as best as I can but I get confused when they ask the complicated ones. I hope this means @animalchin that you are getting better.

4/2 = 2
2x 42= 84
4+2 = 6
84+6 = 90
4x2 = 8
rotate 8, 90 degrees

An itch I had to scratch.

1 Like

I have the infinity symbol tatooed on the middle of my chest

O_O

Cool. I like the infinity symbol. I used to always subconsciously draw them when I would space out in school.

1 Like

Thank @cbbrown! I feel like I am. I think going back to work and forcing myself to interact with people, and getting the right meds, is really helping.

forcing to interact is hard to do, I try but most of the time I hide in my side of the house away from my in laws and their company.