CBD - Rich Marijuana for Schizophrenia / Psychosis

My family wants me to start growing CBD-rich marijuana to treat my schizophrenia. I went to a grower’s forum and found some seeds online.

Apparently it treats the negative and positive symptoms. I’m hoping that’s true.

I’m worried about the legal ramifications. I’ve already told my family about my reluctance with psychiatric medications and they’re sympathetic.

I guess we’ll see how it goes. There’s still THC in the marijuana so I’d probably get high if I smoked it. I don’t know how to extract pure CBD. I have a history with drugs so I’m concerned about addiction as well.

you going to smoke it or lace your cakes? lol

sounds a bit risky if you get caught bc i thought you need a special license to grow that and the energy bill will be sky high also fertiliser, sounds like you are planning on self medicating in a way.

why not just get a prescription for the stuff? would save you a lot of trouble.

I live in Florida, and the medical marijuana bill failed to pass here. Gov. Rick Scott passed a bill allowing dispensaries to sell Charlotte’s Web (a CBD-rich strain) to children with seizures, but not for any other ailments.

I have to do more research into it, but I’ve heard juicing the marijuana doesn’t activate the THC in the plant, only the CBD.

Your family is vastly over-simplifying things. There are still tons of chemicals in marijuana that can and will hurt your schizophrenia - all you need to do is review the past discussions on this topic and you’ll see this.

There are companies that are isolating the beneficial chemicals, without all the negative chemicals - and this could be an interesting drug for people. But until then - you’re just doing a science experiment with hundreds of chemicals at once, and the likely outcome is probably bad.

5 Likes

Yeah isn’t there over 400 different chemicals in Marijuana?

1 Like

Don’t recommend growing if it is illegal where you live. I mean growing cannabis is probably deemed a worse crime than simple possession. I mean could you end up in felony prison? That would be bad (even if your original intentions were admiral).

2 Likes

Yes - over 400 chemicals in marijuana. Basically you’re smoking a chemical cocktail and hoping that the benefits somehow outweigh the negatives. You would probably do better to walk blindfolded into a vitamin store and start popping vitamins randomly.

3 Likes

I totally agree with @SzAdmin I would wait till the proper meds come out - Weed has a lot of potentially harmful chemicals in it - especially THC.
Personally I am waiting for the CBD based antipsychotic meds to come out - they are supposed to have less side effects than your traditional antipsychotics.
I will not be making any kind of attempt to smoke weed - I am not a pot head :smile:

It is a bit of an experiment. My biggest concern is the THC and psychosis.

1 Like

Cultivation is a prison sentence in your state. You have to really know what you are doing to grow good cannabis. I tried and we harvested crappy results. plus it’s really expensive for lamps…I wouldn’t do it dude.

2 Likes

Certain very rare strains of Legal marijuana have extremely low traces of THC - but I am a bit leary of any kind of weed. I am waiting for the proper CBD based meds to come out - they will be here soon enough.
Lots of big player Pharma companies are working with CBD in some way

2 Likes

If I smoke pot or vape even a couple hits, I get into a very open to anything mind set. Which leads to psychosis

2 Likes

For my part, I’ve been more than willing to just ride this illness out. My parents were pretty insistent on doing something, though.

i remember that i had this fantasy about setting up a lab in my kitchen like in the movies with the bunsen burner and glass bottles, i thought i could ground down my anti psychotic and boil it up to try and separate the good stuff from the bad but there was one big flaw in the plan and that was ‘me’ haha for one thing in know nothing about chemicals and chemical elements etc and i have no knowledge whatsoever of chemistry, and two, i was stupid enough to think that the professional had not thought about doing it before making it available haha

was a pretty funny idea and it sounded good in theory but in practice i probably would have killed myself or something.

why don’t you just try something else that may well be just as good as marajuana or maybe even better? my med right now is really helping so i don’t see why you can’t try, hopefully you will get lucky and find a great med straight away.

1 Like

@gainesms Maybe you can try a low dose antipsychotic - one of the newer ones, they usually have fewer side effects.
Abilify, Latuda, Geodon ?? Just go low dose with it and see how you feel? You might feel more stable

1 Like

I’ve tried seroquel, haldol and abilify. I keep haldol on my desk for emergency situations, but I’m pretty stable at the moment. My primary concern is improving my quality of life — getting motivated, finding a job, initiating relationships, and the like.

2 Likes

if you see ’ lucy in the sky with diamonds ’ your growing the wrong stuff !?!
take care

3 Likes

they are all natural as far as i know, everything is natural as far as i know, made from natural substances/elements

You could try this CBD vaporizer https://my.kannaway.com/Kannaway/member_new/store/hempvap.asp?10000

I’ve been wanting to pick one up.