Can't Sleep on Invega

Hey so I’m new here. I’ve been on Invega for 4 months now I had my first injection in January. In the beginning when I first started taking it it would make me extremely restless and severely tired. That’s when it was first getting into my system. But now 3 months later I find that I don’t feel restless anymore and I also can’t sleep at all. I try to go to bed every night but no matter what I do I still can’t sleep nor do I ever get sleepy or feel tired. Feels like the med has fried my brain. I’m scared cos I’ve been like this for 2 months now and it didn’t start until I started taking Invega. Please help I’ve also tried sleeping pills like trazadone and doxepin they don’t work. Anybody else went thru this when on Invega?

2 Likes

I dealt with that while on invega. I was on 234 mg injections plus on 18 MGS of pills of invega. It helped at first but symptoms always broke through and so did fourth he restless feeling. I stopped going to that doctor

1 Like

Really? How long did the not sleeping last

Lol Invega was one of the worst drugs I was on.

2 Likes

I know I hate it can’t wait to get off

1 Like

Is invega palideridone? I’ve been on it for over a year. My sleep is ok, though sometimes I feel tired after 12 midnight. I will be on 125 mg on injection form (can you get it in tablets?) in my next depot appointment. Have you talked to your psychiatrist? What have they said?

Invega make you a really normal person.normal person who has strong suicidal thoughts.

1 Like

Invega is just paliperidone.

1 Like

Yeah but I haven’t been able to sleep at all feel like I’m the only one with this side effect

2 Likes

Every med affects every person differently. One person’s miracle cure is another person’s nightmare drug. Have you brought up this problem with a doctor? It might be time to try a different med.

Yes I have at one point they said it couldn’t be invega because it’s a sedative but I looked it up and it’s only a mild sedative, all they do is give me sleeping pills they won’t let me get off of the medicine

1 Like