Can your voices alter your appearance?

There is this cruel girl who alters my appearance making me look worse just because I used to be pretty. She changed my eyes, my nose, my chin, my lips, my over bite, I know it sounds insane but she does this all the time and I can’t stop her. Also think this black guy does this to me because he thinks I’m racist. Just want to be left alone.

1 Like

Have photo evidence? compare photos.

2 Likes

Yes in photos I appear not very pretty now than before. Had a girl do something to my face because she hates me. Wish she wouldn’t though. I feel she’s a bit of a fanatic and thinks I’m a freak. But she should realize she is beyond perfect because of her actions not just her thoughts. She yells at me constantly.

Maybe your body language is off or it is different lighting? When you feel shitty, you make a uglier facial expression.

Naw man they can’t. Make sure the pictures aren’t years apart. Schizophrenia makes us fatter and uglier as time goes on.

2 Likes

Fatter ok, but uglier why? :sob:
I have noticed that too

Been there and done that, no nothing really changed, you might just be looking at yourself in a worse perspective.
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It’s just another thing that happens in the long list of mad and dampened experiences that take place in schizophrenia, quite frankly I had a exact same experience and line of thinking in the past. (Changing of looks by someone and what not).

It’s not actual, sorry you have to deal with the throw off of these things, just like all the other experiences, hopefully you feel better.

Wicked imagination :confused:

1 Like

It’s a fact that by the time you turn 50, you deserve the face you have.
Why?
No it’s not a cruel joke.
It’s all about how the minds eye reflects itself onto your face.
Think about it, what goes on in your mind, however so subtle, shows on your face in the expressions you make, and naturally, the lines and wrinkles soon follow.

Just another good reason to stop torturing yourself and get stable on meds.

I think our perception of ourselves can change a lot depending on our mood and what we choose to focus on. Some days I don’t like the way I look, some days I do. Typically, when I feel bad, I don’t like the way I look. Your voices are in your mind only, they can’t change your appearance.

4 Likes

Before anybody tells me it’s BS, I already know that but I have had experiences with ‘them’ affecting my appearance.
About 7 years ago (before I was MI), I randomly had these horrible little red veins show up all over my feet. I had none and then, bam, I had them all over to the point it was obvious to anyone. I just dealt with it either never wearing sandals or covering my feet with leg make-up.
I had them for years. Then, 2 years ago, I became “mentally ill” (like my quotes? :slight_smile: )
and ‘they’ told me they were going to make those little veins go away. It was very weird. What’s even weirder is they DID go away. I mean GONE. You could argue that it is psychosomatic, and it probably is, but it’s a true story. They showed up out of nowhere and were terrible, I became MI, ‘they’ told me they would make them go away and they went 100% away.

I know I’m crazy! :wink: ! Thank you very much! But it feels like my inner voice affected my body.

me too I have problems with my image. I never see my real me… but meds are uglyfying too, dont they in your opinion guys? I am not sure, I just ask…

I don’t know if the meds are uglifying. They don’t have to be. You can count your calories everyday and exercise everyday and lose the weight if you want to. I did! There’s no excuse not to.