Can you think of anything nice to say about your pdoc?

There is a lot of negative things said about psychiatrists floating around here (including myself)
I think that many are trying to help and are doing their best, even if it does not seem this way sometimes.
Is there anything positive or something you like about your pdoc?
My pdoc seems to really like her job, she is professional and does not like to over prescribe meds - she is cautious and dishes out some good advice

2 Likes

I love the positive vibe of this thread…

Yeah… I can say my pdoc is pretty dang patient.

The antics he’s had to sit through, and all the times I’ve gone back to him after I crumbled and all the times he’s taken me back after me storming out when he said something I didn’t want to hear… I’d say he’s pretty tolerant and patient.

He’s a very matter of factual sort of guy… but like I have said in the past… the more invested I’ve become in my healing… the more effort he’s willing to put in.

I have to put some chips of my own on the table before he meets me and raises you know?

3 Likes

Mine is very kind and patient and explains all medication with me until I understand. He schedules 15 minutes per patient but will spend all the time that you need with him. Yes he runs late but he is good.

4 Likes

you always remember your first lol

3 Likes

My pdoc does not tolerate any negativity from his staff. He is also very reluctant to use meds or up meds. He listens well.

4 Likes

He keeps a distance. The women shrinks I’ve had tried to get too close.

4 Likes

My doctor looks after me. Even when he baker acted me last month, I was at my worst and wouldn’t go to the hospital on my own. Now I understand why he did this.

4 Likes

mine is nice…
and did not want me to do meds…
take care

2 Likes

He’s not a serial killer… But seriously. My doc is a good guy. He tries to build up my self-esteem and confidence. I think he’s an alright psychiatrist. Kind of a bookish mild mannered guy. I don’t think he’s a BAD psychiatrist.

2 Likes

I like my doctor…a first for me…he’s very calm…seems to genuinely want to help…seems to actually have a personality…can’t say that much for my first psychiatrist…eeeeeeeks man! Creeper creeper that guy.

1 Like

My last doctor was caring, competent, passionate about patient’s rights, funny, intelligent, and trustworthy. She would go the distance for her patients, making sure they get the best treatment possible. She was a great psychiatrist.

My current psychiatrist, well, he is pretty average. Yep, average is the best way to describe the guy. Nothing about him stands out in any way.

2 Likes

She sounds like my current doctor except mine’s a man. Also he shows he cares about his patients by always returning their phone calls at the end of his work day.

1 Like