Can you get withdrawal from herbal supplements

I have been taking 1050 mg passion flower and drinking 3 teabags of chamomile tea every night to help sleep and it didn’t really help me sleep so I stopped using it and now like I get like brain surges I don’t know how to explain it but it is like there are waves of energy going through my head every so often and I get really lightheaded and like my ears vibrate I don’t know what it is but I think it may be from not taking the supplements I don’t need them because I’m getting new sleep meds in a week but this feels really weird also I am a little shaky

1 Like

May be withdrawal form supplement. .

I don’t know about passion flower, but I doubt chamomile is strong enough to cause withdrawals. It’s very mild. They give it to kids.

1 Like

Yes you can get withdrawal from herbal supplements. I tried to quit 600mg of l-theanine cold turkey and nearly went bananas.

1 Like

Some supplements can give withdrawals, but they should be mild when compared to pharmaceutical meds.

yeah this is nothing compared to when i quit Zyprexa but my head just feels really weird and not like a headache

You should recover with some time. You can always try taking a lower dose and then slowly tapering off of it.