Can women take Sarcosine during pregnancy?

Can women take Sarcosine during pregnancy? Please give me some advice. Thank you.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of dimethylglycine during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

4 Likes

Thank you @everhopeful. My friend is suffer from poor memory, lack of concentration, depression and insomnia. Do you know any supplement that might help? She is not schizophrenic btw.

1 Like

I think she should see a doctor. Maybe there’s something wrong.

1 Like

Okay thanks…

1 Like

There are a bunch of vitamins a pregnant woman must take. Multivitmain and most of the time Iron too.
Hope she can see a doc

If she’s pregnant, those symptoms can all come along with pregnancy.

She should ask the doctor to check her iron and thyroid levels (which he probably has done if she’s receiving prenatal care.)

She should be taking a prenatal vitamin with good amounts of B vitamins. Magnesium, at the safe, RDA level for pregnancy, can help sleep.

And if I might suggest, this page has an article on taking Choline for the prenatal prevention of sz.

Other than that, pregnant women should be very careful about taking dietary supplements and medications, even seemingly safe ones. They should be approved by the doctor.

1 Like

I wouldn’t risk it as it has an effect on the NMDA system in the brain, it could easily do serious damage to an infant’s developing brain.Any kind of medication or supplement would probably be bad for a pregnant woman.