Can the meds take more than a year to help?

yeah, i know bpd is tougher than i thought… they seem to be always sad…very painful too and more stigmatized than schizophrenia from what i read on internet. ill see if i can get better alone and ill see one day my pdoc. i asked her once if she can make me psychotherapy but she wasn’t really joyful about it - she just said: ‘’ yeah, you can come visit me once per month.’’ it demotivated me fast

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a lot to be gained by ranking suffering from different disorders, but at the same time, I think BPD is one of the toughest. It’s like an open wound inside you all the time, and instead of helping you, people blame you for having it.

If you don’t think your pdoc is a good resource, then you might try books. If you’re motivated, books can really point you in the right direction.

1 Like

why do you think its the toughest illness, rhubot? yeah, I try to make my peace with it. ive lost a lot with my illness, more than the most of the people have lost. but its a destiny. I went out today for 15 minutes just to go outside and buy myself a shampoo.
tomorrow ill try to go out with my mom here to the municipality :slight_smile:
like I said, I dont want to go to the daily activities here in the hospitals. I am too paranoid still from the other ill people. I am not nice on this one but I am like this now.
but I am not sure anymore what I have- schizophrenia or bpd. for my mom, ive inherited it from my dad.

It is possible to have both schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder.

J.

1 Like

ok jayster, I think its just more important now to get better…
but I find still that there is some truth that meds can take years for their full effect… Zyprexa is known to be a heavy drug and in the start of my treatment it was like a candies for me. maybe if I am sick really since kid they an help me more with the time now… I have a schizotypical friend who also shared to me that meds worked for him after a year…

Perhaps moreso than the meds, your own healing can take years. Decades. A lifetime.

Tactile hallucinations do happen. Meds do take a while to work sometimes. Some symptoms can be situational like in company of some people you hear the voices or visiting some locations. Can try to track the symptoms and leave if the voices start…works best if you NEVER follow orders from voices. Can also keep asking voices why you are hearing it. If told to follow orders, I would ignore it as stalking to verbally harass strangers (thought broadcasting) is only the start, will be so uncomfortable sometimes you may be asked to be vandal, trespasser, thief or screw relationships/employer/customers. Voices can just start back up sometimes in company of new people or new things

Forgot, damn cognitive symptoms. Work on attention span and concentration, even hearing it sometimes. Read, computer games, draw, clean the house, workout…Teach yourself to function again.

yeah, I do some things more than without the Zyprexa but its still very few. this morning I tortured my mother again. and then, I was paranoid and guilty because of this. but does this vicious circle will stop one day? yeah… a desperate woman can do bad things I guess… but its beyond my strength to go outside in such a state, after a night where I didn’t sleep. is it bad?

maybe there is hope that meds will help me more than this still? its been exactly one year that I am on Zyprexa. my pdoc keeps saying that sometimes meds take more than a year to work. I believe that it can be true wow. I know its a lot of time but I am ill since so much time that it take s a lot of time to get better… do you believe my pdoc?

Some of my negatives sort of thawed out after about two years. There is still hope for you I believe.

yeah, I guess I suffer mostly from negatives… rage, jealousy, irritability, depression. my mom says I am more disabled emotionally that rationaly… maybe meds did already their job. they help me to be on my feet and this little activation help me every day even if its not a big activation… I try to believe in recovery also wow :slight_smile: so you were miserable for 2 years, @eduvigis? me, today for a 5 minutes I felt a big lift in my emotions wow. even the cognitive symptoms were better for this short period of time so I guess we should continue struggling yes.

My cognitive symptoms got better after about year. But you have been with sz for 15 or something, right? I don’t know about improvement after that long.

yes, at least 16 years with the illness. I had some strange ‘‘moments’’ even as kid but I gave up fighting when I was 19 years old and now I am 34 years old. yeap, it will take time. it was hell for one moment, it wasn’t human some years ago…

ive felt something good once again for 5 minutes today… maybe there is really some truth that I should wait and wait. that meds take a lot of time after so much time with the illness… cause I saw that my ill friends get better with the help of meds, why it wont work on me? it should work, I say… :slight_smile: but I continue keeping myself busy as I can etc etc… those meds are no candies at the end, they should really help us sooner or later I find…