Can meds cause BO

my in laws said i stink, i have been showering every other day. they said it was my meds. but i don’t know.

I’m sorry but it seems that they can be kinder to you @cbbrown.
You deserve to be respected.
I never heard of MEDS causing that much BO but I’m not a doctor.

1 Like

@cbbrown

Many meds indirectly cause body odor. Many meds cause an increase in sweating, which leads to an increase in body odor. Since everyone metabolizes medications differently due to genetics and overall health, it’s a trial and error as to which meds will cause you to sweat more than others.

“Whats that smell” I remember my aunt saying that as my flesh was mildy burning from aripriprazole it peeled a bit on hands and feet

Mine didn’t cause BO but trazodone in particular caused me to sweat insane amounts whenever I slept. So THAT stunk. So weird.

they want me to shower everyday but when i do that they complain that i use to much water.

Well they just sound unpleasant. Maybe the next time they say you stink you should say “at least I still smell better than you!” Wahaha.

Showering everyday would help though. That’s likely your problem right there.

1 Like

i just wish they didn’t insult me all the time and just get over themselves. nothing i do makes these people happy

@cbbrown I to have this problem with everyone its like im a target to abuse.

1 Like

I think it’s your in-laws that stink , from what you’ve shared with us.

4 Likes

Maybe try deodorant idk some people just stink

1 Like

Maybe scented lotion–if in fact you do have an odor and it’s not that your in laws are jerks…

I have a phobia of being told this. I use scented body wash every day, scented lotion after every shower, I spritz body spray on myself too. Some guy told me I smelled nice and then I was really paranoid about smelling bad Or good-just the fact that somebody could sniff me weirded me out.
…and boo on them for making you skip shower every other day because of water usage!! You deserve daily access to shower!

1 Like

They have a stronger deodorant called mitchum. But I’ve noticed I get red rashes in my arm pits especially in the summer. Just started when I started meds.

1 Like

Your in-laws should be out-laws, but then that would mean they were wanted.

To say you stink is just plain rude, but to say you use too much water for a daily shower?
I feel like coming over and slapping the mean right off their face, but it will have to be virtual, because I don’t want to spend the night in jail.

1 Like

They said I should just take ,4 minute showers . Now Im a big girl so I really don’t think a 4 minute shower is going to cut it

Meds make you sweat a lot. Is it hot where you live or is the heater always on. If so this is why you are sweating.

What? Are they ex-Navy? They call a 4 minute shower a “Hollywood.” You’re a Civilian- right? And you contribute to the household expenses, so they are just being buttheads.
Unreal. I wouldn’t last 2 seconds in that household.