Can childhood difficulty's affect adult life?

can childhood difficulty’s affect adult life?

I think it seriously effects by ability to trust.

Yes, that is when you begin to learn.

I would say yes.

It has affected my whole life, thought I had forgotten about it, but then some facts triggered the memories of my childhood and I 've been feeling like a mess since then…

Absolutely. The past shapes us into who we are. That’s why I think it’s so dumb that CBT doesn’t address it.

Sure, we are all the products of our past experiences.

Freud believed that we are profoundly shaped by our early childhood experiences. I get the impression many psychiatrists think that too. I think some people are able to overcome their traumatic childhoods and live productive lives, even though scars still remain. Personally, I made a few bad decisions and engaged in maladaptive behavior, and as a result I’m still afflicted by my childhood demons.

Of course, when you are a child you are still developing intellectually and emotionally.

My personal opinion is that a person isn’t fully developed until they’ve fully matured morally.

Personally I had the happiest childhood I can think of. Things went sour in my teens when I started hanging out in the streets late at night smoking pot with friends. SZ took my friends, my love, and my hope for a better future. But I’m not ready to hang my gloves just yet.

yes your brains end up wired differently if you come from abuse just realised how ■■■■■■ up I am today ive survived a lot of abuse.

I would say definitely.

Yes, especially feelings of helplessness.

Yes, but they can be overcome if set your mind to it.