Can anyone relate

with my psychosis i felt as if everything was ureal like it was switched into this new reality. i saw the tv and it was like the most unbelievable things were happening like THIS was reality for real but

1 Like

Yeah I don’t fell plugged into the real world either mate

1 Like

ya psychosis sucks

It does man I miss my old reality

I have days when i feel everything is unreal- the world, me, everything. Like it’s all just a dream.

1 Like

I understand a little bit. I think my world is staged and fake and everyone is acting. They are all pretending this is the ‘real’ world while the ‘real’ world is hidden from me. And there is no way out. I have to just go along with it. It’s very frustrating.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel

2 Likes

most tv triggers me.

You think your whole world is fake?

Yes. The first time I was in the hospital I told my wife the other patients weren’t patients. They were actors. She thought I was crazy. I thought everyone was acting. It is surreal. I handle it now much better than I did though. I guess it’s part of my delusion but I still really believe it.

2 Likes

I hear you. I think patients are real patients and Doctors are real Doctors etc. I even think people are living their real lives as much as possible to make my reality seem as real as possible. The thing is; everyone knows that Donald Trump isn’t really President. They know religion has been abolished. Most importantly, they know who I am (the subject of the study) and they are pretending they don’t. It is surreal. I just carry on with my life (inc. meds and therapy) as much as possible.

I think some of us share a common thread with psychosis. For me seeing messages eveywhere was extremely cathartic. I felt like THIS was the real world and that what I had known for the previous nineteen years was all connected to these new ideas. To this day I feel as if I have been reborn not in a small part due to the altered neurotransmission I can attribute to Quetiapine and Brexpipraxole. I now see everything differently, and I wish I could go back to how it once was.

How is abilify treating you, are you getting any breakthrough symptoms? And how about the alogia?

1 Like

I’ve had these experiences periodically. Today, for instance, I was cleaning rooms at work, and even though I’ve been in those rooms a million times, everything in the rooms seemed new, like I’d never seen it before. Throughout the day, I would see things that I couldn’t explain, either because I couldn’t remember, or because I imagined it was different before. For instance, I looked in my little cubby for bleach, and all my cleaning supplies were out of place. It’s definitely not the worst symptom, but it’s confusing and disorienting.

-catchme

1 Like

will definitely catch you.

Greedy duck. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i felt that way for a while when i was younger. when i was around 10 or 11 i thought i was the only real person and that everyone else were robots put here by aliens to monitor me.

I think many people have this thought but they just let it go. I did and asked others if they ever had that thought. Many people do because ive asked friends and family.

i’ve never really told a doctor that i had those thoughts back then i was afraid they would laugh at me.