Call me vain but

Can they develop a medication that does not
A. Flatten your facial expression
B. Cause Weight gain
C. Have sexual side effects ?

I feel like if they could do this our quality of life would improve drastically.
So, what’s the hold up scientists and researchers?

1 Like

Keep an eye out for iti-007, aka Lumateperone, it might be released in 2018.

2 Likes

My quality of life improved drastically when they took me off Haldol and put me on Geodon and Seroquel, even if they did have side effects. You’re right, though. It would be so much better if we could get rid of these side effects.

1 Like

Geodon is a good med, I can’t speak much about seroquel because I’ve never tried it. I’m glad you’re doing better on those two though. Haldol was rough for me, they had me on it in the hospital last year. I feel for people who take that med on a daily basis but whatever works right. I’m really looking forward to this lumateperone. If we could just not have some of the side effects we have now that would be a tremendous improvement.

Hmmmmmm, every wonder if the reason for those said side effects are so we don’t reproduce if we are not in a position to be good parents?

Just thinking it may not be such a bad side effect after all.

1 Like

I sure hope not although they do tend to make reproducing difficult. sometimes I think they should give antipsychotics to sex offenders and they would lose interest in sex like we do. As for being a good parent I think some of us sz’s could be great parents.

I think A is caused by the disease

1 Like

Or one that could improve cognitive abilities like memory and critical thinking skills. Or one that does something about that alogia. I have always been terrible with women so the lack of sex drive is a little bit of a boon for me. Would like to get a relationship with a woman but I see that as likely as earning a nobel prize sometimes.

2 Likes

Different med’s affect people differently, I came across one guy who had a hard time with Geodon, and found Haldol easy to take. Go figure.

1 Like

People with schizophrenia can have neurotypical children, the chances of having neurotypical children are actually higher than having a child with mental illness.

If you don’t agree, that’s fine, but it’s a fact.

Sugar coating and making the unpleasant words go away doesn’t nullify my point.

I live it everyday, so I know what I’m talking about.

I’m sorry that it is your situation, but there are examples of different situations.

1 Like

Just like there are millions of people losing their shirts on lottery tickets, but hey everyone should go all in since there’s a winner every now and then, right?

I’m sorry, man, but it applies backwards too.

I’m happy and I have schizophrenia, my mom does not regret having me because I have schizophrenia. Should I not exist because I have schizophrenia?

2 Likes

Since there’s a winner every now and then, millions of people should go all in on lottery tickets.

You’re right, it does!

Point out anywhere that I said sz parents regret having their child or apologize to me for making a grossly inappropriate misrepresentation of my post

The chances of a child having schizophrenia with parents with schizophrenia are high, but not as high as the child being a neurotypical.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/family/FAQoffspring.htm#inherit

1 Like

I’m waiting for that apology. Your post was highly offensive