Building a better brain

Scientists at the Salk Institute have studied a 3D “mini-brain” grown from human stem cells and found it to be structurally and functionally more similar to real brains than the 2D models in widespread use. The discovery, appearing in the December 20, 2016, issue of Cell Reports, indicates that the new model could better help scientists understand brain development as well as neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s or schizophrenia.

Full article here:

3 Likes

it should help otherwise through it to the trace …!!!

I still heavily believe that my illness is trauma related and I don’t know if I would want to traumatize a genetically engineered human brain made from stem cells. This seems to be getting out of hand and I think these scientists don’t really know what they’re getting into.

Mini brain, any brain you create shouldn’t be experimented on. It’s human flesh you know?

1 Like

I’m sure it will help scientists tremendously. These guys at the Salk Institute are among the titans of brain research.

EDIT: @neveragain yes I agree, there are ethical concerns too, but I think this mini-brain doesn’t have a conscience yet, it’s too underdeveloped.

1 Like

There’s no proof whether or not it does or doesn’t honestly and they’re playing Dr. Frankenstein with brain tissue. I sort of find that repulsive. I don’t really condone it I don’t approve because that could be something with consciousness, something that could feel alot more than we know.

Maybe I’m too dandy nowadays, but experimenting on lab grown brain tissue just doesn’t sound cool to me.

What if it’s capable of feeling pain? This raises a lot of ethical concerns.

This is still in its infancy, we have a few years before they know what to do with this.

it’s impossible that the new brain will fonctionne more than the real brain cause humain with real brain are the responsible of this creation soo