Brainwashing heterosexuality

@sirBoring

Brainwashing is an attempt to create radically different beliefs by using forcible pressure (interrogation). This is much different than influence.

Here’s an example of influence:

“I was born of heterosexual parents. I was taught by heterosexual teachers in a fiercely heterosexual society. Television ads and newspaper ads–fiercely heterosexual. A society that puts down homosexuality. And why am I a homosexual if I’m affected by role models? I should have been a heterosexual. And no offense meant, but if teachers are going to affect you as role models, there’d be a lot of nuns running around the streets today.”–Harvey Milk

5 Likes

I am a female heterosexual and I do not believe in any way, shape or form that society or any individuals brain washed or influenced me. I have been heterosexual since I was born. I have heard of situations of sexual abuse where people can end up confused but usually therapy will be able to help them sort out (for themselves, on their own) whether they or gay, straight or bisexual.

3 Likes

47, you’re female? I never knew :o

I thought you were a guy lol I’m sorry.

2 Likes

No worries :slight_smile: I am indeed 110% woman

3 Likes

For me it isn’t a choice. I was born heterosexual, and I can’t change.

2 Likes

very few situations I think could be qualified as brainwashing when it comes to sexuality… straight parents produce gay children just like gay parents yield straight kids… so under most circumstances I don’t think you can be brainwashed… subliminal crap is crap… yes colors can influence mood and alertness… but that’s kinda the extent to subliminal crap… and everything else you have an active monitoring of in your brain… bugs bunny often kissed elmer fudd… did anyone every second guess that it was anything beyond a rabbit getting one over on a stupid hunter…and sealing his victory with an obviously unwelcomed lip lock… wait that’s what it was right? lol

1 Like

you just found out, eh? I already knew.

Are you trying to trigger her, orrrr…? Your post confuses me.

1 Like

Yes I am being brainwashed to be heterosexual.
The status of gays in Israel is relatively good.
And still there is a level of brainwashing.
It is difficult to persuade people to come out of the closet because of this.

I think I was “brainwashed” to be gay. Being molested and abused at a young age is a form of brainwashing I guess and it definitely played a part in making me attracted to men.

Brainwashing sexuality
The west has a new problem, today it is OK if you are gay/bisexual but if you are asexual, the society tells you that you are not human, that you are a kid and a medieval zealot; or a person with mental problems.

2 Likes

I agree @zeno I think that liberal society has an obsession with sexuality and asexuals are stigmatized. However, what we have at present is still better than what was in the past,
in the past everyone who was not straight was considered a complete outcast.
The next step in the progress of humanity is to give legitimacy to asexuals as well.

2 Likes

I identified as asexual for a long time. It is ridiculous how many people just don’t view it as a legitimate way to exist. If I had a dollar for every time someone said, “but you’re way too pretty to be asexual,” I would be very wealthy.

1 Like

Your sexual attractiveness has nothing to do with how ‘sexual’ you are but society is hell-bent on making a connection where there isn’t one. I have dealt with this my whole life. I have a low to medium sex drive but I will damned if people don’t think I ‘look’ really sexual or horny. They make it up in their own heads. They get confused.

2 Likes

there were times when I thought I was asexual,
but nah, I used to watch corn.
and I write romance poetry of a deeply intimate nature

I’m quite sure I have a natural strong desire to please.
lol lol lol lol. nah, I couldn’t have been born asexual.

life might have been easier if I were.

No i just am…

1 Like

and before anyone suggests, no I’m quite sure I wasn’t born sapiosexual and then brainwashed to be heterosexual.

I can’t remember any point in my life when I wanted to go into any man’s pants because of his intelligence.
I can’t remember any point in my life when I didn’t want to grope the tight jeans of a non-intelligent non-male.

Nothing wrong with being asexual, I think it’s kind of a gift to be able to focus your thoughts elsewhere on maybe something significant.

1 Like

3 Likes

I wonder if removing my libido would make me asexual?