Brain abnormalities in people with schizophrenia identified

Could be. But I’ve had serious memory problems all since my psychosis in 2010. Can’t even remember the posts here. Have to read them over and over until I know what to answer. Long posts make me confused.

While that stuff bothers my mind, that’s pretty much all it bothers. I suit up and show up pretty regardless of all the paranoid chit chat now.

1 Like

Have you discussed this with your rxer? I definitely would. There are so many other directions one can go now medicinally.

1 Like

Memory issues AND massive drooling for me (just call me ‘Puddles’). I now refer to it as disabilify. :frowning:

Pixel.

3 Likes

Me on Risperdal risperidone, Inxeral propanolol and Clonidine back in '97. Massively confused. Crawling on the floor stuff. Feh. (Had some incredible dreams, though. It was like I was dead when I was awake and alive when I was asleep.)

1 Like

Although this may affirm the idea we’re “different” in many people’s minds, I don’t see how this has any practical value for those of us suffering, and these claims have been made for decades now, so it is nothing new really. Let me guess, you will make an auspicious claim that we just have to wait 20+ years for a cure based on these findings?

1 Like

Actually, less than 20 years. But it will not be a “cure” so much as a much better mechanism for medicinal as well as therapeutic intervention via the “epigenetic” route. (The field of “epigenetics” is very new… but very promising… vis all manner of medical problems.)

I wouldn’t go totalistic and dismiss this stuff out of hand based on conditioning and past experience. I am living proof that – though they may be needles in haystacks – finding appropriate medicinal and psychotherapeutic interventions for each *individual" patient’s set of circumstances can and will “work.”

2 Likes

I’m convinced that there isn’t going to be any changes. Things will keep on rolling on the same principles. In 50 years meds didn’t change that much besides side effects. And the main purpose isn’t to get rid of side effects, it’s for the illness to disappear. If we deem an illness incurable when killing all hope for the persons with that illness that are alive and will live.

1 Like

There’s always CBD meds on the horizon, but I’m going to be really dissapointed when they come out I have a feeling.

CBD meds? What are CBD meds?

Like the Big Time Pros say, while it may seem to be comforting to have “closure” about an issue, it’s almost always self-limiting… as well as hope-killing. I keep the door open for the possibilities.

Whether I want it or not the door is open. It is not for me to decide if they invent something that works less badly.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=epigenetics+overrated&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=R4adVcmHAsqlsgHyjK7wDg#q=epigenetics+ovehyped

Join the Will-we-be-disappointed club

Cannabidiol-based substances. There are some new studies that suggest they work for some sz pts. But these are very crude compared to the meds that will be built on specific epigentic processes.

See Epigenetics in stem-cell differentiation - Wikipedia.

Cannabidiol, I didn’t make the association. I’ve read - not much - of that drug specifically and about cannabidiol.

I think we are all speculating here. The scientists don’t even know, are we supposed to?

Funny. Looks like we’ve all got a little bit of personal hope for the future. It reminds me of waiting for the movie ‘the phantom menace’ though. CBD, epigenetic, etc.

I agree about the “dark possibilities,” but I’m hoping that – for the next generation of psychosis sufferers, because it won’t effect me in my lifetime, I’m pretty sure – the ethical uses will outweigh the unethical ones.

is it political,spiritual,or scientific…
though this is informative…
still lot mo to dig out…

1 Like

Nucleus accumbens, I remember that ■■■■. Sounds like a Harry Potter spell.

But really it’s directly involved with addiction and helps hook people on drugs and other addictive things. It’s not funny. Once you’re addicted to things that are proven to facilitate suffering and death, the ■■■■ is not funny anymore.

Thanks for the summary @notmoses