Big interview tomorrow for job

I’ve been volunteering for over 3 months and now it’s time to get a paying job. I have a big interview at a boating yard. I grew up on boats and told the guy that and he told me I was an “ideal candidate”. But I haven’t even spoken to him on the phone yet so kind of nervous. It’s for the better though because I suck at talking on the phone, so I’m just going to show up and meet him. I’ll do better that way. It’s a well paying job, and lots of hard work which I like. I feel this could be a long term thing. Wish me luck!

14 Likes

Good shtuff, TTP-

Appear tomorrow clean cut…solid handshake…clear eye contact…and be confident!

Also tonight, google your prospective employer to find out info about him and his company more. Then you could surprise him in the interview with your knowledge of his outfit!

Good luck!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good luck! Dress nice. Eat a good breakfast for energy and fuel. If you think it will be an interview like any other job (department store, restaurants, sales) than I would peruse some websites which have questions commonly asked in interviews. Or websites that tell you what to expect in an interview. Or a site that tells you how to ace an interview. Don’t overload yourself with information but they will just give you an idea on what to expect.

Good advice!!
My dad once told me that 90% of life or doing things is attitude. Be enthusiastic and eager in your interview.

1 Like

Hopefully it’ll keep you busy for a while. At least until your family gets that land.

Good luck man. Remember you’re capable and you deserve it. Should help ease off any nervous or out of place feelings.

Hmmm…I wonder if TTP got the job? I hope he lets us know by the end of the day!

2 Likes

Dear @turningthepage , how did it go?

Put your job face on and dress to impress. You can always read Dale Carnegie books to psyche yourself out. Good luck.

good on you… :four_leaf_clover: happy for you. :smiley:
take care :alien:

Interview went great. I looked him right in the eye and gave him a firm handshake. Buzzed off that facial hair right before I went. He wasn’t so enthusiastic like “I’M GOING TO HIRE YOU RIGHT NOW” but I thought it went really well. Told me he’d call me within 48 hours. I really thought it went really well. If I don’t get a job it’s just not meant to be because I nailed the interview. Best interview I’ve ever done by far. Take care :wink:

3 Likes

Atta Boy! You must feel really good about yourself. We’re all keeping our fingers crossed for you!!

:wink: