Bicycle riding benefits

I have been riding my bicycles for many years, I get my exercising, fresh air, my suntan, see people, take nice photos, and it saves money, you could say I am an environmentally friendly person, do you ride bicycles?

4 Likes

Just started riding after years not. I’m up to half hour stints around the block. It’s good. I walk heaps and exercise more so riding is a good way of increasing my fitness. I do like doing it…it’s good to get out like you say and enjoy the world!

1 Like

It may be wise for me to get a bicycle, itd be perfect for my neighborhood because there are many shops but they are all 5-10 minute walk away. Plus there is a shoreline to ride down. That said, I will probably not buy a bicycle because last time I rode a bike I fell off and had to get 20+ stitches.

1 Like

i never learned how myself

Are you in a big city? What kept you from learning. It’s kinda part of growing up, were I’m from.

1 Like

i actually live in a rather rural area. I think its just a combination of my poor balance and my fear of bicycles due to an accident when i was 3 or so that landed me in the hospital

2 Likes

I LOVE riding my mountain bike. It’s a 29 inch, and I still look too big on it. But to be honest, I freaking love my bike to death. I’ve probably spent 500+ dollars on professional parts (brakes, handle bar, pedals, derailleur). My favorite thing to do is stand up on it while riding with no hands and just feeling that adrenaline rush and feeling like a complete bad ass. :smiley:

2 Likes

I used to ride a lot some years back but I am not riding much these days. Got to start again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

walking is more philosophical. all good thoughts come when walking…

1 Like

Bicycle riding is also good for mind and it is a great way to lose weight or control weight.

1 Like

I think you’re inspiring me @mjseu. I haven’t ridden since before my kids arrived.