Benzos to Take?

I need to relax and focus on my ideas. Any advice in the Benzos area?

Avoid them if you can, they’re addictive as hell.

3 Likes

Try and avoid benzos. Try L-theanine instead !

Ive never had a problem with klonopin but I’m lucky it has no recreational use for me. I’m down to .25 mg a day from 1.0 mg a day. But many people abuse it. if you only take it as like a PRN not so often thing you should be fine on it if your doctor agrees and presribes it to you. Don’t exceed your dose.

I just need to think clearly! I only need something on an “as needed” basis.

1 Like

Thanks @Jonnybegood I’m sorry, what’s PRN? I don’t take any medicine.

1 Like

Is that a drink or something?

1 Like

Jeez man can u even feel that little bit.

No I never felt benzos. either I felt nothing or went asleep But it seems to treat my anxiety. That’s why its been a great med for me. I have little anxiety, I only start having a panic attack if I am off it 3-5 days but .25 does the trick for me.

@PeteQ PRN pretty much means “as needed” not sure what it stands for. But you take it as needed, so not every day, or up x amount of times per day…but you only take it when you get a anxiety attack is PRN. Or some people take it daily and are fine like I have been but these things have potential for abuse…

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for explaining that clearly. I feel more comfortable asking my doctor(s) now.

1 Like

It’s a supplement.

This is the brand I use :

https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/amino-acids/theanine-200mg/

1 Like

Totally awesome. Thank you.

1 Like

Ativan is a really good one. Ask about it. ONLY take it when you need it. If you don’t need it on a certain day, don’t bother. That will help keep tolerance down and it will be really easy to go off of them without having to wean too much.

That’s the plan! Thanks, man. For one guitar player to another!

1 Like

Rock on!! :metal:t5::peace_symbol:️

:guitar::drum::microphone:

1 Like

I made the mistake of taking them twice a day when i first got started. I ended up getting addicted to them. Finally one day, when i was really low and had a few weeks until i could refill, i just took half a day until they were out. I was out for a few days with no withdrawals. They usually happen within 24 hours and include body twitches. Ever since that time i had to reduce, it actually worked when i took a normal dose. Now i just take some a couple of days in a row and then give it a break for a few days until anxiety comes back strong enough.

That sounds like a decent plan of action

I’m not sure on any advice which to prescribe but only the advice given already.

Short term use. And only use when needed. You will build up a tolerance needing more and though this type off drug feels like a God send to begin with. After ages of taking Ativan myself 3 times a day because I had no seizure control; coming off this drug …it turned on me like a demon. It was not an angel I thought it was.

They are powerful and effective. And work well. Short term as needed. Low dose as possible. I’d give this advice to anyone after going through what I have.

1 Like

Noted! 15151515

1 Like