Below the 2 mg mark for Risperdal

I saw my pdoc today, she said that it is fine for me to lower the Risperdal some more.
I will start taking 1.75 mg of Risperdal as soon as the meds arrive via mail - I am currently at 2 mg and now will be under the 2 mg mark.
I am a bit nervous about it, but we think that I will be fine - she said that if all goes well in 2 months or so, she can drop it even more.
I will be letting you guys know how I do - I start taking the lower dose in 7 - 10 days or so

4 Likes

Good luck man15 char

1 Like

Thanks a lot Bryan - I appreciate it

Good luck Wave*
You will do great !**

1 Like

Thanks @bridgecomet - you are the best! :smiley:

1 Like

I just saw this one.

Congratulations… dropping the Risperdal some more… that is very cool.

I’m rooting for you.

1 Like

Thanks J, hopefully I will do well

1 Like

I have a feeling you will. You keep a good eye on your health, you are doing this with a doc… I’ve never known you not to have a back up plan…

I bet you will do great.

Thank you for those kind words J - you are always so positive, I can learn a lot from you :smiley:

thats great I’m on 3mg right now and am needing to go up.

1 Like

Good luck with your med swaps

1 Like

Good luck,
I was doing just fine when i went down from 2mg to 1.25mg. Now i am on 1mg and i am experiancing withdrawal anxiety symptoms. I hope it wont last too long, it can continue for 2 months thats what i have read in other forums, but i am going to hang on, probably i will try to stay home, its more tolerable being at home than going out.

1 Like

Dropping from 3mg to 2mg would probably boost my energy levels… Might be possible for me now that I am feeling physically stronger and being much more vigilant about my diet. I will talk to my pdoc about it. Might help limiting sugar & caffeine and keeping a routine sleep schedule to prevent anxiety…sometimes simple changes work the best.

Predispose yourself that circumstances and people can and will throw curve balls at you but you can do a lot to strengthen your nerves by putting up with stress and frustrations (especially minor irritations) without losing your cool.

Hope it goes well!

1 Like