Bell Let's Talk - Canada

Bell will donate 5¢ more to mental health initiatives for every:

Text message sent*
Mobile and long distance call made*
Tweet using #BellLetsTalk
Facebook share of our Bell Let’s Talk image

Bell is a service provider here in Canada.

5 Likes

Raised

$5,472,585

109,451,718 TEXT MESSAGES, MOBILE
AND LONG DISTANCE CALLS, TWEETS,
AND FACEBOOK SHARES

1 Like

Supporting best-in-class

Mental illness represents 15% of the burden of disease in Canada and is the leading cause of disability in Canada, accounting for 30% of disability claims and representing 70% of the total costs. Yet only 5.5% of our healthcare dollars in Canada are dedicated to mental illness.

http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/our-initiatives/pillars/research/

1 Like

(Edmonton) Students at the University of Alberta will soon have access to improved mental health and wellness resources online, thanks to a $10,000 grant from the Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund.

The grant will help transform the current online space for student mental health and wellness at the U of A. Some of the developments will include enhanced toolkits for students and service providers, self-assessment and self-help resources, and platforms for destigmatization and other awareness and education campaigns.

“Enhancing our online resources will extend our reach and impact to all of our students,” said Robin Everall, acting dean of students. “Mental health is essential to academic and personal success, and we’re very grateful for Bell’s support so we can make this happen.”

2 Likes

It’s that time again!

On January 28,
Let’s Talk
Bell will donate 5¢ more to mental health initiatives for every:

Text message sent*
Mobile & long distance call made*
Tweet using #BellLetsTalk
Facebook image share

I’m honestly surprised anyone still pays for texts or a landline. Do all of my calling over VOIP now. Only reason we still have a traditional phone is my wife’s parents.

10-96

We've surpassed 10 million texts, calls, tweets & Facebook shares! Let’s keep the conversation going. #BellLetsTalk pic.twitter.com/bWVMmxgm4E

— Bell Let's Talk (@Bell_LetsTalk) January 28, 2015

Bell are a service provider of what?

Yes Bell is a service provider here in Canada. However texting and Facebook is not limited to Canada :wink: if you wish to participate in helping to raise awareness.

I’m very proud at the moment to have been a part of this. Every 5 cents makes a difference.

A spectacular day for Canada’s mental health: A record 122,150,772 million tweets, texts, calls and shares on Bell Let’s Talk Day – and a new Bell donation for mental health of $6,107,538.60

Since 2010,
Bell has committed
$67.5 million
to mental health initiatives in Canada.
(I don’t think this includes yesterdays $6 million)