Bacopa Monnieri - for schizophrenia, anyone tried?

It helped me for about 6mos without my full antipsychotics. It helped me have clarity of mind and very good memory. Also my inner voice became very loud. But after that, my body started rejecting it, I would throw up just by thinking of ingesting half capsule of it. Also the “voices” started to appear and louder. The ones I was hearing before which had stopped. I’m not really sure which caused the voices to reappear, bacopa or my acceptance that I truly have paranoid sz.

Anyway, I’m just sharing my experience.

yes i took it for 3 -4 months, it didnt do anything for me

I just ordered some, I’m still searching for the best coping mechanisms. A curse w/hope

Is it ok to take with Abilify?

Drug Interactions
Do not take Bacopa monnieri if you’re taking any
antidepressant or antipsychotic medication that is metabolized by
cytochrome P450 enzymes, such as Sertraline hydrochloride (trade names
Zoloft and Lustral). Bacopa can affect the way these medications are
metabolized and eliminated from the body, thereby allowing too much or
too little of the drug to enter the blood. There may be danger of
underdose or overdose.

I already took it today, and I feel EXTREMELY CEREBRAL tonight. Excellent feeling.

1 Like

Stopping suddenly on Bacopa after using it for a while can cause rebound psychosis. I heard voices after I reduced my dosage.

What I noticed 2 weeks after stopping it cold turkey my cognition is still relatively sharp and the involuntary movements I was having before taking it are still gone.

I’m curious of Ibogaines healing abilities.

I wouldn’t recommend it. It made me feel strange the second day on it.

Significant benefit usually occur after 2-3mos of use.

I also felt strange the first days of use. My body felt like it was going to explode. I was only taking half capsule twice. Going full felt like overdosing. But it got much better in time for me.

I was using the non standardized version.

(Swanson) Full-Spectrum Bacopa Monniera

I took swanson full dose for several months

1 Like

well there is another herb called centella asiatica .it is supposed tobe better as per ayurveda which promotes both of them .by the way both are known by the name brahmi in in india .maybe you can try it

and how much is the full dose

yes it is promoted in indian ayurvedic system for many benefits like you said .the other herb is centella asiatica

1 Like

It is indicated in the bottle label.

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule one to three times per day with water.

Each capsule contains 500mg of Bacopa monniera Leaf.

1 Like

According to this site, the herb can cause impotence. Permanent or not, I don’t know.

I didn’t have that side-effect. But I remember I became a lot hornier than normal while on it.

I am going to try this. Already ordered some but i will have to wait for my doctor to approve this as i am on Zyprexa which is metabolised by Cytochrome P450 and bacoba has some effect on that.

For those of you interested I might also suggest Sarphaganda which is the plant that originally was used to make Reserpine, the very first anti psychotic. Sparhaganda can be bought online. Causes some tiredness but otherwise side effect free.

I have been taking Bacopa monnieri for some time. I like the sedating and anti-anxiety effects. I usually take it on evenings as i feel it makes me sorta tired. I am feeling good, so far and will continue to take it. My mood has been really good but my moods vary otherwise.

More information here: