Award-winning Director Wants to Interview You for a Feature Film about Schizophrenia

Hi everyone!

My name is Remi, I’m the associate producer for a new feature film by Out of Shot productions that’s all about schizophrenia. The plot of our film follows a teenage boy in rural Kentucky who develops a mental illness. Blocked by the stigma surrounding schizophrenia, his family and community struggle to give him the treatment he needs.

It’s very important to us that the film be as accurate as possible to what a person with schizophrenia experiences.

This is where we need your help!

We are putting together a short research documentary to spread awareness about the schizophrenia community. We are searching to interview people who live with schizophrenia, their families, and healthcare professionals. We would love to hear your firsthand experience of your journey towards mental health. If interested, we will set up a date and time to meet with you and you will get a special credit in our film and be featured predominantly.

We are a seasoned production team and our past projects include Lifetime’s A Fatal Obsession, award winning short film Gary, and most recently The Lennon Report, whose trailer I attached below. This particular film we will be interviewing you for has been a labor of love for the past three years. As of right now, we have a couple of stars signed on for the film and an award winning director. Our production team really believes that our film can be a huge advocate for the mental health community. By letting us interview you, you’ll be doing a huge service to the story we are trying to create!

We’re looking to interview people in person in the New York, Kentucky and Los Angeles areas. If you don’t live close to any of these places, we’d love to set up a skype interview with you instead.

If you’re interested, please feel free to email me with any questions at:

thementalstatefilm@gmail.com

Below is the link for the trailer for the film our production company made last year (if you’re interested)

Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing from you!

-Remington Moses, Associate Producer for Out of Shot Productions

1 Like

@tms2017 I’ve temporarily un-listed this thread until @SzAdmin can review it. I’ve included an excerpt from our forum guidelines below.

Moonbeam
Volunteer Moderator

@Rhubot @anon9798425 @Ninjastar

1 Like

My apologies, thanks very much!

1 Like

You may also want to email @SzAdmin as sometimes that will get a quicker response. The email address is szwebmaster@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Szadmin officially approved this one!

3 Likes

@tms2017. We heard back from @SzAdmin and he has approved this thread so we’ve re-listed it in the open forum.

1 Like