Audience cheering/clapping, but it was a passing car

Like the title says, I hear cheering/clapping but it’s just a passing car, because I live next a road. Anyone else had it?

Auditory distortions like this are pretty common, even for neurotypicals. My husband sometimes hears music playing when there is a fan on in the other room. It can be a sign of tinnitus though, so you might want to mention it to your general practicitoner.

1 Like

I used to get tinnitus before hallucinations. Sinus problems caused me to be deaf in one ear this morning.:dragon_face:

In the summer time, every car that passed me by beeped its horn. That was weird.

Then, after that, every car had a passenger with their hand outside of an open window with them giving me the finger.

I have all kinds of auditory “whatevers”. Welcome to sza. We all have them except the 1-2 fakers. My therapist told me she has only had one faker in her entire practice. Most of us hide and deny symptoms or try to like for a non-sza reason for them. The sad truth is it’s as real to you as mine are to me. I always hear sounds that no one else hears. I am tormented by them. I have one good day and I so desperately want it to be over that I tell myself that on those good days that it’s over. I am okay. Then it comes back. I have gone f’n mad. I am constantly sedated to stop the rages!!! :smile_cat:

Yeah I mishear things on occasion. Especially when I’m paranoid. I’ve mentioned it on here before but I forget the specifics, sometimes harmless sounds will sound like wheezing/slithering/whispers and whatnot. I always confuse sounds for screaming too. I do the same thing with vision, I see things as things they aren’t.

Distortions…

I can chalk a lot of things I heard to someone playing those sounds on the computer at specific times, some real sick folks out there with too much time and not enough integrity.