At Day Seventeen

I now have 17 days without smoking any substance. I’m pleased to report that my apartment is noticeably less stinky, but my car is pretty stinky still.

Actually, I’m not really so much into getting away from nicotine, which is possibly a helpful drug for schizophrenics. Truthfully, I’m trying to get away from fire and smoke, which stinks and causes health and property damage.

I’m pleased to report also that I cough less and have not had the slime stream running down my throat from my sinuses. That slime stream used to make me gag for a couple minutes about once a day.

Jayster

11 Likes

Well done! I keep thinking I’ll quit smoking when I run out of tobacco but then I always end up buying more. What else did you quit smoking? I’m in a research study at the moment where I get paid shopping vouchers if I pass a test by not smoking cannabis or synthetic cannabinoids which has made it much easier for me to quit them, although it still wasn’t easy because synthetic cannabinoids are really addictive.

Congratulations! You’ve done something not many people can do.

1 Like

Zen, seriously, you know I’m 64 years old. Of course, in the way back machine, I smoked a lot more than just tobacco!

Jayster

2 Likes

Ah I didn’t realise! =D

1 Like

That’s awesome!! Such a huge accomplishment. Smoking is so much harder to quit because not only is your body addicted but it is a habit. I smoke when I’m on the phone, on the computer, after meals, and when I first wake up. Something that helped me when I quit years ago was that I kept thinking a cigarette would taste horrible and make me feel horrible if I smoked. I thought of this every time I had a craving. Try to imagine something repulsive about it every time you have a craving. But you’re through the worst of it! I keep saying I’m going to quit when my meds are straightened out. I’m terrified of developing a disease that makes it hard to breath. Keep us posted on how you’re doing! :sunny:

Good job Jayster! I quit using an e-cigarette. Keep up the good work!

Did the e-cig help the cravings? Do you still use it? I have an electronic hookah and I’m trying to use it when I want a cigarette so I smoke less. :sunny:

Yes it helps tremendously with the cravings, and yes I still use it.

1 Like

That’s awesome!! It’s a lot better then smoking and you can use it anywhere. I’m going to be going on a trip that is around two hours by bus and I was thinking of taking my hookah. I wonder if anyone would say anything? It’s just vapor. We’ll see. :sunny:

I’ve got about an hour and a half to go to make it to 19 days without a cigarette.

Earlier today I felt all hollowed out. I felt like there was a hole in me. I felt like I was missing something. Those feelings passed, fortunately.

Jayster

2 Likes

How long have you smoked Jayster?

Keep up the good work! it`s a hard thing to do-but you have already gone 19 days!!

I smoked for about 50 years. I guess a little longer than that.

I took a young man to his first AA Meeting tonight, and there were three other nonsmokers there. So I got the phone number of a guy named Jimmy who is five years off booze and two and a half months off smoking.

It was a nice meeting!

Jayster

1 Like