Are we all just failed experiments in natural selection

Sometimes I feel like one. Do you? Answer honestly.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I think itā€™s just a genetic dead end. Itā€™s not normal but something common to the 1% goes wrong and we are the result. Thereā€™s plenty of other disorders etc that happen that arenā€™t normal. I think for mentally ill though-as itā€™s the brain going haywireā€¦then there is a tendancy to think itā€™s something specialā€¦unfortunately I donā€™t think it is!

4 Likes

I donā€™t accept the ā€˜failedā€™ attitude, and I wonā€™t give up 'til Iā€™m gone.
As long as Iā€™m still breathing I can do some good in this world, for me and those I chose.

3 Likes

Well, some of us would say we all have psychic powers so weā€™re really an evolutionary step forward. :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Your only limits are the ones you set yourself or the ones you let people set for you. I donā€™t think itā€™s so much of most peopleā€™s own self they just arenā€™t allowed what they need to heal and work through to be who they want. Iā€™m not a big fan of being patronized or poked with sticks because 9f some sensitivities I have. Society and assholes are a big contributing factor to many of your symptoms rather you realize that or not. People learn your triggers and after that its as easy as walking by and flipping a light switch. Wise up and donā€™t play dimn just because you canā€™t handle everything thst happens doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t handle life

All Iā€™m saying if you canā€™t turn into a big ball of play-dooh because you dont understand things, see things, feel things, etcā€¦ we fall into a trap when we see ourselves as vulnerable and victims of an illness.

3 Likes

I believe our brains evolve as we are living, everyone is learning and changing, I think with schizophrenia something goes wrong, it is not our fault, and there is no purpose or reason it happens.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be ā€œnormalā€.
Itā€™s strange to think about it sometimes.

2 Likes

I have kids soā€¦

3 Likes

My continued survival is starting to make Natural Selection look pretty incompetent.

4 Likes

no and i think that that is a horrible way to look at it,

we were not born with sz, it developed later for one reason or another so its not really natural selection in that sense, how it developed is a different story but for me, i was perfectly normal until about 15 yrs old and i believe given the right conditions anyone could potentially develop it no matter what their brain is like.

1 Like

Maybe a genetic mutation, but certainly a special creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEVKkIWbPrY

I think this is true. Although my family does have the genetics for it, I think a lot of bad stuff happened for me to reach my breaking point. I was successful in early childhood then lots of trauma lead to it. Which lead to drugs which made it worse.

If anything I am very strong and only the strong survive. Sz or not. I went through a lot of abuse and unfortunate stuff which lead me to reaching psychosis. But they canā€™t take my strong will from me. Which I have.

2 Likes

i hear you, idk about genetics but i think if i had taken a different path when i was younger i might not have developed it,

2 Likes

Except for the genetic component.

Some drugs are known to causes psychosis, and there are other factors that can create cause psychosis in a individual, idk if itā€™s just genetics.

Idk if different types of psychosis would be considered schizophrenia,

Also do not know of the ongoing research of genetic cause(s) in schizophrenia

Lots of schizophrenics have kids. So there goes that theory.

3 Likes

i dont really believe that as i was saying if i had taken a different path then things would be different and i doubt i would have developed it

Yeah, thatā€™s pretty much how I feel about. Gotta break some eggs to make an omlet. i think of it like a sacrifice to make everyone smarter.

It seems like I inherited most of my parentsā€™ worse charscteristics Iā€™ve wondered if schizophrenia is natureā€™s way of weeding them out of yhe gene pool.

But I have some good characteristics of my own maybe to compensate in my lifetime.