Are there any herbal remedies that help ease tension

I feel tense and angry a lot. Im wondering, are there herbal remedies that can help me relax, and not be so irritable.

I don’t have Sz so I hope you don’t mind me posting, but a Chamomile Lemon Balm and Linden tea mix have been very good for my brother. Slightly sweet and lemony with a floral body.

A good tea shop could give you more advice.

Thank you for letting me post.

1 Like

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-953-ASHWAGANDHA.aspx?activeIngredientId=953&activeIngredientName=ASHWAGANDHA

My son got this in tincture form from a health food store for anxiety. We asked about interaction with anti-psychotics and it appears to be safe. He was using it for a bit then stopped, not sure why.

1 Like

Check out Sarphaganda. Its from the Ayurveda medical tradition. And works very well to calm the mind.

1 Like

essential oils ( organic ) , lavender oil or basil oil for example rubbed on temples to relieve tension.
take care.

2 Likes

kalms (valerian root)

1 Like

L-Theanine is an herbal substance found in green tea that has a calming effect similar to valium though not quite as strong, it also releases l-glycine in the brain so it works on the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and depression if you have that.

4 Likes