AP's that don't make you feel tired

Can anyone recommend a AP that doesn’t make you really sleepy?

I was on Olanzapine for two years and I put on loads of weight and was a zombie the whole time.

I may be taken off Latuda now after 18 months as I get restlessness from it which isn’t nice. I don’t want to come off it but the doctor may force the issue and need to know what to go on next.

I cannot take risperidone as this makes me really anxious. Also Abilify didn’t work for me.

I don’t know which Country you reside in?
You can ask for Latuda, Geodon, Vraylar, Invega, or Rexulti

Sulpiride or amisulpiride

1 Like

I am in England

Geodon has never made me tired, except when I used to take a high dose in the morning and evening. Now, I take a low dose at night only, and I don’t feel sedated at all.

I think they have Geodon in the U.K.

You need to take Geodon twice a day to be effective as it has a short half life. The morning dose made me tired at first but with a little time it goes away.

I tried taking it only at night and I got psychotic every afternoon. The morning dose really helps.

Every individual person varies with every individual drug but believe or not I actually had periods of quiet from the voices while I was awake with Invega while the only time i had silence on Risperdal when i read a book or slept which i did a lot in spite of the claims they are the same. With Invega I have more trouble sleeping and have to take Trazadone, and a benzo in order to do so. But I generally stay awake and I think it’s a better drug than Risperdal.

Invega made me tired but more importantly it made me gain a lot of weight. I would not recommend Rexulti because it’s derived from Abilify, if Abilify didn’t work for you it’s less likely that Rexulti will work. Above all else, AVOID SEROQUEL. It will put you to sleep every time. Perphenazine doesn’t have a lot of sedation, you might try that.

1 Like

No AP has ever made me sleepy, usually the opposite it’s like having drank 10 energy drinks…I’ve been on Abilify, risperdal and latuda and none of these were sedating.

Rexulti and Abilify are different enough that it’s worth a shot when it arrives in the U.K.