Anyone with schizotypal have difficulty w motivation etc etc?

My motivation is horrible although some would consider me high functioning depending on their personal story, I have had a drastic decrease for me. Hard to do anything. Anyhow saw one of my reports today and there’s a ton of possible disgnosis to consider. Includes Sza, Sz (?)… and schizotypal paired with othe diagnosises… I can see Schtypal maybe.
ANYHOW.sorry for the ramble. SO… does anyone have schizotypal but suffer with loss of motivation and had a bad loss of / decline in functioning?
Also… did it worsen later in life?
Looking forward to all this being figured out. Someday. Sigh.Thanks

2 Likes

It does get better. :sunny:

I have lot of difficulty In motivation …!!!

1 Like

Does schizotypal sometimes get worse later in life? Severe effects on motivation and deterioted functioning? I am just hoping that it’s not due to neurodegenerative disease, also looking into that. It’s hard feeling sick again and not know why

Any theories are possible but they will not help you. Any pdoc says sth but maybe they are all wrong but work with them, remain here And see how others feel the world. Maybe you are the first eternal human, every body should think so. So think you get better or even completely healthy، dont try to predict things, things are not so predictable. Just work to gain your health by meds by psychotherapy by coming here by anything which has a possibility. Its an adventure, welcome to it and we are your fellow travelers. :smile:

1 Like

Such encouraging words. They hit home.And on a hard day. Sincere thanks.

1 Like

Thanks. Do you have schizotypal?

1 Like

MY diagnosis is between SZ bipolar …!!!

1 Like

Thanks far cry. I am finding it distressing that negative symptoms are getting worse. But I don’t even know what’s up with my mind right now. Cheers!

1 Like

yes…!! we have accept it …!!!

2 Likes

Negative symptoms we do have. Need to apply Radical Acceptance. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

insight do u work or have a job…!!!

No not any more :frowning:
I did until over a year ago. I had a well paying career that was action oriented. Now everything is hard for me even washing my hair

@far_cry0

1 Like

@far_cry0 do you?

1 Like

Tried couldn’t succeed …!!! I think i will go whole life jobless …!!!

1 Like

I get it. Someone recently told me that working is not the only measure of success. My goals right now are self care. I suck at setting daily goals so doing anything that is related to self care is the priority. My husband has to help me organize my day sime days

1 Like

same here man!!!

2 Likes

What type of job have u tried …!!! Cris …!!!

1 Like

What’s the difference between schizotypal and sz?
Also what is this thing motivation you speak of and what does it have to do with being high functioning, in fact what does high functioning even mean

My therapist told me I was sz but high functioning so she didn’t think the illness would affect me as badly

1 Like

I have sza and I have a lot of difficulty with motivation. For instance, right now, I’m having problems talking myself into washing my face and brushing my teeth. Really basic things I cannot do easily.

1 Like