Anyone taking Antidepressants?

I have schizoaffective disorder and took antidepressants over 6 years ago. Although I was in Grad school at the time and had more structure to my days I was also on an antidepressant at the time. I remember that time as being very productive compared to my life since taking myself off of those meds. Are you taking antidepressants, which one (s), and do you suggest it for others who are suffering from SZ?

I have taken Wellbutrin and Trazadone for a few years. I’m happy I take them!

Jayster

Fluvoxamine. I think the consensus is take ADs that increase serotonin levels to help improve motivation. I tend to avoid learning to much about meds though. But someones likely to put you right if I’m not.

I’ve read on other posts about antidepressants that some can cause psychotic episodes. Has this been your experience?

Each person chemistry is different. So what works for one may not work for others. Mostly it’s a case of telling your doc asap if any side effects happen while on the meds. Which many don’t and where the chaos happens.

im taking them 14 years, seroxat 40mg…works very well…i guess i need them now for the rest of my life

1 Like

Currently I’m on Zoloft 200mg. It seems to be helping.

I presently take Zoloft 250 and Depakote 1250 (even though it’s not an AD) to help my mood. I find they help a lot with keeping me stable.

I m on 60mg fluoxetine. Helps with negative symptoms and helps my obsessionality.