Anyone play computer strategy games?

I really enjoy computer strategy games. I play Civilization V sometimes with my girlfriend and two other friends but not very often. I started playing Age of Wonders 3 with an old friend the other day.

Does anyone here play these types of games?

Here are the multiplayer strategy games I’ve got.

• Age of Empires II: HD
  • Age of Empires III: Complete
  • Age of Mythology: Extended
  • Age of Wonders 3
  • Blood Bowl: Dark Elves
  • Civilization IV & V
  • Company of Heroes
  • Crusader Kings II
  • DEFCON
  • Endless Legend
  • Endless Space
  • Europa Universalis III & IV
  • Galactic Civilizations II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V & VI
  • Majesty 2
  • Medieval II: Total War
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
  • Space Empires IV Deluxe
  • Space Hulk
  • Stronghold 2
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
  • Sword of the Stars I & II
  • Wargame: Airland Battle
  • Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War I, II, Retribution
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane I & II

Anyone want to play a game sometime?

1 Like

It’s very hard for me to read or play games sometimes, but I used to play some games when I was younger.

For a long time I couldn’t even sit through a full movie. These days I’ve got more concentration and I’m catching up on films I missed all those years. I still can’t read much more than Internet articles, would love to read novels again.

I’ve been a fan of the civilization series since it’s beginning…I play civ V rather regularly…as far as strategy I also play Total War: Rome II…or rather was playing it until it for whatever reason had a melt down and quit working. I used to play some Age of Empires as well…actually I was thinking of picking up a new game for a change…

But no…I don’t play multiplayer…aggravates my anxiety…yes…I get social anxiety when playing games online with other people…weird I know.

I was trying to read clancey’s last novel before he died of his heart attack…it’s a good book called (against all enemies).

Quite the adventure (what I’ve read so far)…can’t seem to find that book lol…

And so it begins…

1 Like

I used to love the Total War series and Left for Dead (since its cooperative). I love to save people.
But my husband came back from his Mother’s house with a terrible virus that infected my computer.
He was looking at Russian dating sites and even visited there a year later…
I took the drive into our IT department and they had never seen anything like it.
A hidden partition was installed that could not be deleted even with a reformat.
I should just fire it up with a new SSD but now I’ve just changed.

I got all paranoid about it that the Russians were invading our network and refused to let him plug in his computers after that. I would watch the router blink and blink with what ever they had installed. So I just pulled the plug. I pay for it all. I just gave up gaming after that and never recovered. I just use my PC at work while my gaming computer at home collects dust. And now I don’t really need the heavy metal PC at home. and iphone does all I need really.

Anyone know what a githyanki is???

Ahh, that brings back memories. I am a long time, old school roleplayer. I prefer the Githzerai, Planescape Torment and all. :smile:

1 Like

Currently playing the original 1994 UFO: Enemy Unknown or other wise known as X-COM: UFO Defense. I tend to think of it as the ultimate in strategy games as it’s a game that takes a moment to learn a lifetime to master.

Here now I’m at home on my iphone. I had some beer but I think it helps me relax but really now it’s almost time for seroquel. It helps me sleep and then I wake up early to go to work in Baltimore and do it all over again.
I should fire up that PC but I’m a little afraid of it. I feel safe on an iphone because I know there are no viruses on it.

Not unless you count football manager as a strategy game which is really pushing the definition. Due to cognitive problems(?) I find anything involving planning and thinking several steps ahead very difficult. Have occasionally tried simple strategy games online and really struggle/.suck at it .