Anyone else tried Lorazepam?

Just wanted to know if anyone have used this drug? If so how much and did it help? Reason being that I’m having to go into hospital and was told to use this before the operation.

Many thanks !

8_String O_o

Yes I have been prescribed lorazepam, it’s a controlled substance for panic attacks pretty much and is like having a glass of wine per milligram. That was the only controlled substance I was ever prescribed and I don’t take it anymore. Haven’t taken it in years.

It calms you down and relaxes you basically.

I currently take about 0.5mg at night which helps me get to sleep. I was on about 3mg a day when I first was ill and it helped me a lot with anxiety and paranoia. Gotta be a bit careful when you start it if you drive since it really does slow your reflexes down.

Have taken it occasionally a few times. Recently got 10 prn - need to get some more. Would take it daily, but doubt the Doc would allow it & it’s very addictive with bad withdrawals. i like it.

i had this to get me to sleep when the hallucinations would keep me up all night. worked pretty well.

I’m on it now for anxiety. Just .5 mgs twice daily

I was on it for panic attacks, now controlled by sarcosine, ive been symptom free since getting the sarcosine

That’s xanax I believe. I take Klonopin or clonazapen which is similar but longer acting and not as intense.

I’ve only taken it in hospital in emergencies when suggested by some staff member individually… It’s quite strong, quite nice, but very addictive

It worked well for me when I was in hospital and couldn’t sleep. Once when I had a mental breakdown crisis I got to a clinic and they injected me with 4mg of it and I passed out until I got admitted to hospital the next day. It sedates nicely, very relaxing effect!

Hey, thanks for all the replies, very helpful! Tried it the other night @ 1mg and had no effect :frowning:! Although I’m not sure but could have been due to being on Quetiapine? So tried 2mg in the afternoon yesturday and kinda chilled me a lil, although my PDr did say to have no more than 2 as they will be putting my under. One thing I would say and I don’t know if I’m alone on this but it made me feel incredibly sick for a few hours which sucked.

Again thanks for all the replies guys!

8_String O_o