Anyone else? Single forever

Has anyone else been single most of their life?
I am 44 and only had a few breif boyfriends in my 20s

5 Likes

I am 50 in this year, I was in a relationship in America from 1990 to 2000, 10 years, and then in the 1980s I had few girlfriends, but now I have been single since 2000, 17 years.

i only had one boyfriend in the past and another i could hardly call a boyfriend cos we only went on a couple of dates but never anything serious… sometimes i enjoy being alone. i have to really like a guy to be in a relatonship otherwise i dont see the point…

1 Like

Raen
True for me too
Siome say I’m choosy but I prefer to be alone unless I really like a guy

1 Like

I’ve never been in an intimate relationship before. a girl has yet to kiss me.

well… when I was chilling in a male-only homeless shelter, I accidentally opened the door for a homeless lady. she begged for food, clung unto me, and bit my lip. but that was not a kiss. for a long time, I was scared that I had gotten HIV/AIDS from her because I thought she drew blood.

1 Like

Had a couple boyfriends in middle school for like 3 months each…then a boyfriend my senior year of highschool for 4 months…that’s it

Forever alone :frowning:

I am single but not forever :slight_smile: Also i dont like to be single, i will do my best to have a relationship soon with a woman, this is my biggest wish right now

Have been single for 15 years. Can’t imagine myself being able to maintain a romantic relationship now though.

1 Like

Been single for 30 years or so now, gave up on relationships, I always fail

Yeah, only had a couple of short-term girlfriends in my life years and years ago when I lived over in Asia. I’m 47 now.

I wouldn’t worry about it really, i’m sure in the next fifty billion years you’ll run into someone nice enough.

Forever is a long time, plenty of time actually.

5 Likes

This is kinda my fear too - if i leave my relationship behind, i will be alone and then die alone

I was in two short lasting relationships. Now i’m single.

26 and never had a girlfriend. For years I felt asocial. I was perplexed when people would talk about dating. Didn’t get why that was fun. But as my negative symptoms got worse and worse now I get a little envious of them.

Wow reading everyone’s comments. I guess I’m not the only one who has been single most of his life. I’m still going to try but it seems to be way more difficult just to think about where I would meet the opposite sex. Job comes first though. Waiting on that and who knows. It does seem like I will be forever alone too though.

I’ve been single for a while now but I’ve been married before, now divorced.

Had the boyfriends and girlfriends but I find it super difficult to maintain a relationship at this point. I’m 33 and single now. And that’s okay.

Kind of dealing with my own narcissism and abandonment issues in therapy of late. Start getting used for sex once or twice we start believing that’s all we are worth. Some recent insight at any rate actually having some sense of a healthy relationship is anther issue altogether. Which I’m working on. Struggling at the moment and working on acting and bringing more healthy appropriate behavior in my life. Which I think and believe is all part of recovery.

1 Like

I don’t know what it is but girls don’t like me. No girlfriend in my life ever. I have 5 sisters and many neices,we get along fine. But girls have never liked me my whole life. I’m 40. I’ve accepted that I’m going to die alone. But I’ve been alone all my life so I’m use to it. I use to work out everyday for 15 years. I got down to 1% body fat and it made no difference in girls eyes. Maybe it’s where I live? Or I was born in the wrong century?

37 here. one day i realized the majority of people my age had child support and custody battles. then i thought my life was great.

1 Like