Anyone else not having a child simply because it wouldn't be sensible?

Feel down sometimes
Broody sometimes

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that @CloudDog I have no children of my own. Closest I got was being a step dad for seven years. alas, what can you do? plus I don’t believe I should have kids just because I might pass it on to my children. so no way now.

It’s one of the least sensible things people can do.

People doom their own children to this hellish place and horrible death.

If people were smart they wouldn’t have children, like maybe ask themselves “hey! Does my child want cancer?! Maybe i shouldn’t put them in this situation?!”

What an awful thing to do, and only an animal would do it.

1 Like

I’m not having kids either. I’m 56 years old, and I don’t think I could take care of them in my old age. Kids deserve a whole father. When I used to see my niece and nephews I used to think I really wanted to have kids, but it didn’t work out.

I might have one kid once I’m done with grad school. One kid. Only a 13% chance of the illness for one kid. I am quite competent in my work and I have a nurturing side, so I do consider it.

2 Likes

i can barely take care of myself. so taking care of a kid would be like climbing mount everest

2 Likes

I am kind of like what @crimby was feeling. when I see my niece and nephew it makes me feel as if I am missing out on something by not having kids. I know I would love to meet someone and if they had kids I think that would be nice. This illness has taken so much from me…I hurt all the time because of it. It just sucks…that’s all.

I had a chance to have kids when I was married.
In a way, I am glad that i never had kids, I can barely take care of myself, having kids is a big responsibility

1 Like

I was open to having kids in the first 5 years of marriage when all the nieces and nephews were little, but we agreed to wait 5 years before making that decision.
At the 7 year mark, I knew I loved kids too much to have them. I couldn’t bring them into my environment, it just wasn’t right.
I never wanted to know the feeling of having to explain to my child why their dad didn’t love us.
I’m grateful to never having kids, I feel There are so many already here already that could use an extra adult around to care for them and relieve the overburdoned parent(s).
It’s up to all adults to do their part to protect the children who can’t protect themselves.

2 Likes

i think when you have ’ faulty ’ genes it is selfish to ’ maybe ’
carry that gene on to the next generation…it is the braver decision not to and the kinder decision.
mrs. sith’s cousins have the ’ braca gene 1 and 2 ’ and …4 generations of women with breast cancer.
take care :alien:

Faulty genes are not the only reason.

Id say a short painful life and imminent shitty death for all is a great reason not to for anyone. Unless you are fine with a tumor being cut out of your child’s head, i don’t know maybe some are fine with that.

It’s short, it’s painful, and we’re all dead. Faulty genes is the only reason? As soon as their children come out they are going to get put in the ground, it sucks.

They say if you are lucky you will live a long life to, can you believe that?! Go visit those places for awhile and see what will happen if you live a long time. None of this is good for anyone at all, there is no hope here, it’s just a piece of ■■■■ life.

They call “health” a rotting body, thats being healthy here, it’s crazy ■■■■.

1 Like

actually what helped me decided was the family section children of schizophrenics.
I think if you are unwell yourself it is a great act of love NOT TO bring a child into an unstable situation. or risk having the child taken off you which would destroy a lot of people,not to say some schizophreniics aren’t great parents im sure there are loads.tc

I decided not to have children because it wouldn’t be sensible. My daughter didn’t get the memo and showed up anyhow. (There was some seriously good nookie with seriously bad birth control, by the way.) Turned out not to be such a bad thing to have a kid. :smile:

10-96

d00d. Antidepressants. Ask your doc for some.

10-96

Me too…

Thanks everyone for your replies that I think I would not cope at all really
Only just saw this new book out – schizophrenics make a good mothers too
About a woman who has a child and also came off her medication and coped in different ways.what an awful thing to suggest.

Yeah me , but I don’t really have a choice , I’m male. I would need a willing participant :slight_smile: I guess you have more options since you have the ERM parts.

Yeah its a big call , I guess.

I think its not sensible to have kids if I cannot take good care of them…I will probably not have one

Not a good idea, i might not realize everything sucks if i do that.