Anybody sucessfully lose weight?

when I was a kid, I was huge. but for some reason, I really really wanted to get skinny (probably because my sister motivated me.) I did get quite skinny. I ate Special K (which some people said could lower weight!) I also exercised a lot. at some point, I think I was doing like 10 sets of 20 pushups in the boy’s bathroom.

I think I finally had a breakthrough: Over Christmas I was really sick with gastro symptoms. In desperation I decided to try a brand name 10 billion count probiotic (I think it’s just acidophilus)… Seemed to really improve things a lot! I had been on a much lower dose probiotic before but it didn’t seem to help…

Anyway here is a pic of me at 206 lbs… I am still one ugly SOB but again making progress I think.

What do ya think?

‘’

(DISCLAIMER: Yes, I do have pants on)

This was me 2 years ago:

5 Likes

i read on TMZ a model used for an exercise machine said he barely exercises, he eats alot of salads. I lost weight eating McDonald’s once but that’s me.

1 Like

One of the other things I did to was to split my Risperdal dose up instead of taking 2 or 3 mg at night which gave me the munchies… Now I take 1mg split up through the day. My pdoc thought this was ok.

Haha. Wish I could give everyone my depression I get some days where I don’t feel like eating. It keeps you full naturally! (unhealthy as it is…)

2 Likes

I created my own diet, it has vitamins, minerals, macronutrients, elements, electrolytes, enzymes, amino acids, fatty acids, sugar, starch, fiber, protein, citric acid, salt and water.

4 tablespoons peanut butter ontop of chopped banana, 1 big glass of milk, 1 multivitamin, 3 hemp oil tablets, 2 fiber tablets, 1 probiotic tablet.

it is better than UN therapeutic food given to starving people IMO.

1 Like

good going keepsimple you look great :slight_smile:

Im at heaviest ever 190 lbs

I used to run a half marathon every three months, or do power yoga obsessively in hospital etc

i go to a class once a week at the moment
body pump with weights and a step, stomach and lots of squats

and will be increasing and get a pt don’t care about the money gonna just do it

Medication and apathy may have assisted me in eat less.

I’ve managed to lose 65 pounds by just having a thought in my head that was eat less of everything.

Didn’t put to much weight to the idea, and when I messed up and eat a lot it was okay, just eat less.

That mentality of not making it a huge climb or some consistent goal allowed me to lose weight

You just have to earn your sweets ;).

2 Likes

I successfully lost weight. Then I successfully gained it back. Never let it be said that I don’t follow through on what I start:

:sob:

3 Likes

I find that I feel better mentally when I am overweight. Every time I’ve gone through mania or psychosis I lost extreme amounts of weight. I usually put it right back on. I associate dieting with losing control. Hunger reminds of having delusions about food. I enjoy exercise, walking and hiking and mild weight lifting but I am over 200lbs. I’ve decided that since my weight seems to have stabilized not to worry about diet.

1 Like

We’re you on meds while losing weight?

Each time i lose weight i regain it and more
So the voices say never lose weight or you ll become too fat

WTH, topamax is for migraines and epilepsy! I was on it for epilepsy and made me dumb as a box of rocks. My memory,my everything went poof. It made me lose even more weight and loathe my pure existence. Nutrition and if can exercise. Drugs have side effects. Trust me I’d rather go for a walk than forget my sis number

Yes, I was. The post is ancient but In august 2015 I’m pretty sure I was on Abilify shot, Risperdal about 2mg and ziprasidone, weight gain only from Risperdal I think not sure. I would not recommend the Slow Carb diet or the Tim Ferriss diet even though it worked for me. Dieting was always easy for me, I’m like 1 in a million lol. Right now I’m vegan, have been for 1,5 years and feel way better than I did on low or slow carb and the weight has stayed off, that makes it almost 3 years total I think. I’m gluten free also, helps my psychosis a lot. And I had a problem with weight my whole life pre meds too, I weight less now than I did in highschool 10 years ago.

1 Like

Try this (I also am not a fan of exercise)

Boiled chicken and veggies. As much as you want, and lots of water.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I lost 10kg with a keto diet that I started in December. I went from 95kg to 85kg.

3 Likes

Did you work out?

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Ninjastar
Volunteer Moderator