Anybody sucessfully lose weight?

yes I have lost 14 ib which im very happy about.only have one meal a day,plus breakfast and a few snacks.now am 15st 9.hope I can get another 10 ib down.am on clozapine and after going up by 2/3 stones am slowly getting my weight down.

Have lost 5lbs so far. Itā€™s not easy.

1 Like

Lost 3kg of the 5kg iā€™m trying to lose

2 Likes

From September to June I lost 60 pounds without exercising. I have lost similar amounts of weight 2 times before, in the past even faster. What I basically did was the low carb diet, no bread, pasta, rice or potatoes 6 times a week with little to no dairy, with one cheat day a week, in the end when I got really used to it I did one cheat day every 2 weeks. It might be easier for me because I get terrible feeling that Iā€™ve failed myself if I cheat on the diet, I feel god awful for the next 3 days, sometimes even more. Iā€™ve made a commitment that I will do this for the rest of my life, which is daunting, the last time I managed 15 months and then gave in because I was living with my parents, but this time I really want to keep to it. The max you can lose a week is 1-2 pounds, for me itā€™s 2 when I dieted very strict and exercised a lot also in the past, thatā€™s it, itā€™s very hard to lose 2 pounds a week, thatā€™s a 1000 calorie deficit a day, so people have to keep it in perspective. It also takes 2 weeks to a month for your body to start losing weight, at first I lost like 4 kg in the first week but that was all water weight.

This is good weight loss advice I found, I found it after I lost my weight unfortunately. If you donā€™t want to watch the vid thereā€™s also an article below with the same advice.

http://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-stay-motivated-to-lose-weight

4 Likes

I know what you mean about water weight. When I wrestled in high school we lost huge amounts of weight very rapidly by sweating out the fluids. We bundled up in rubber sweats, turned up the heat, and lost as much as we could in one day. Division I wrestlers - college wrestlers - lose shocking amounts of weight by sweating out the fluids.

You can get nutrients intravenous like with a machine in the hospital .

I stopped taking zyprexa and after a year I was able to lose weight again.

lifting once a week is all you need, donā€™'t even need nigh intensity. Weightloss is 99% diet and 1% exercise. srs

1 Like

just stretch before you lift. made the mistake of not streching and now i have a minor injury

, lift 3 times a week and Do body squats like you are a payed to do them.

I managed to lose about 20 kg during a year. I was just fasting 1-2 days from time to time. I ate nothing and drunk only water or tea, coffe mostly but I advise to eat only vegetables and fruits if you want to lose weight.

1 Like

My meds kill all hunger it sucksā€¦

Iā€™ve kept my weight off for years but I gotta tell you it was going to the gym that made the difference.

1 Like

This thread of mine is 10 months old! :smile: in the meantime Iā€™ve managed to lose 15kg=33lb by seeing a dietician and following a calorie controlled diet.

3 Likes

sorry thought it was new post then read your post above mine -

I hope that with the withdrawal of Zyprexa and some exercises I will lose some weight.

10 Ways to Lose Weight, No Gym or Diet Required

Losing weight takes a lot of sweat and discipline, but even when youā€™re not powering through a treadmill interval workout or counting calories, there are a lot of simpler ways to see those pounds drop on the scale. Employing these 10 little tricks daily will help you lose weight, no gym or diet required.

1. Always start a meal with a glass of water: Youā€™ll stay hydrated and feel fuller instantly, which can help keep you from overeating.
  2. Make a few simple swaps at every meal: Going for a vinaigrette dressing instead of a Green Goddess dressing at lunch can save you 80 calories, while opting for fresh fruit instead of dried can save you dozens as well. Get a list of simple swaps to save calories here.
  3. Have a piece of dark chocolate for dessert: Instead of opting for the cookies in the break room, quiet your sugar cravings with a piece of dark chocolate. It may not feel quite as satisfying the first few times, but as you wean yourself off your sugar addiction, youā€™ll be glad youā€™re saving calories while having a healthy yet decadent treat.
  4. Be diligent with portion control: If you want to lose weight, sticking to the right portions at every meal is important. Measure out snacks beforehand instead of eating from the bag, use smaller plates to visually signal that your meal will satisfy, and put away leftovers so youā€™re not tempted to go back for seconds.
  5. Move more: Even if youā€™re not dedicating an entire chunk of time to a workout, you can burn a few extra calories by making an effort to move a little more during the day. Taking breaks to walk around the office, opting for the stairs instead of the escalator, and parking a little farther from the office entrance are all simple ways to up your calorie burn.
  6. Donā€™t drink your calories: Itā€™s a common reason youā€™re not seeing results ā€” those empty calories from a daily soda, morning juice, or large glass of wine at dinner can really add up. Stick to water flavored with fresh ingredients like cucumber, lemon, or mint in order to save on important calories.
  7. Donā€™t go hungry too long: A little hunger can be good for you, but starving yourself all day in order to ā€œsplurgeā€ on dessert at night is both unhealthy and diet sabotage. Eat well-timed meals and snacks in order to avoid low blood-sugar levels that cause you to crash.
  8. Snack on high-protein, high-fiber foods: When itā€™s time to snack, make your food work for you. Steer clear of the empty, high-calorie options like chips and crackers, and go for protein- and fiber-rich foods that taste good and fill you up too. Youā€™ll be able to eat fewer calories while still feeling satisfied. One of these 150-calorie snackswill surely hit the spot.
  9. Eat a light, early dinner. Try to keep your dinner to about 25 percent of your daily calories, and have it at least two to three hours before going to bed. Eating too much too late can cause digestion and sleep issues that make it hard to stick to a healthy routine.
  10. Get more sleep. Lack of sleep can cause you to eat more throughout the day and not have enough energy for your workouts, so aim for seven to nine hours of sleep every night. Itā€™s an easy and effective way to keep your weight-loss goals on the right track.
4 Likes

I found out Friday that Iā€™ve lost 15 pounds since starting my diet! All I do is substitute a smoothie for one meal. So every day I have a fruit smoothie instead of eating a regular lunch, and it gives me energy AND helps lose weight. Make sure you put fresh or frozen fruit (any fruit is fine!) plus fat free or low fat Greek yogurt. It needs to be Greek yogurt because it has so much protein, protein helps you lose weight. So first add some milk (sometimes I use orange juice instead) then put your yogurt and fruit in (frozen is best) and then some more milk or OJ and blend it up really good. It tastes great and itā€™s great for you!

The main thing is that a smoothie like this has a lot of nutrition and it has fewer carbs/calories than a regular meal would. And these smoothies are very filling so you donā€™t have as much urge to eat bad foods.

3 Likes

I want to lose about 70 lbs. Iā€™ve started on a diet plan, no calorie counting, just sensible eating. I already do a lot of pacing in my home but I can always go out for a walk if I really want to get exercise. My husband is helping me make better food decisions, which is good because Iā€™ve had horrible eating habits for a long time and I need the help.

1 Like

Well, this thread of mine is 18 months old now. In the meantime Iā€™ve seen a dietician and was calorie counting.

I lost 44lb=20kg at my peak. Then I stopped calorie counting and gained back 4kg.

Now itā€™s the new year, Iā€™m going back on the wagon.

3 Likes