Any take lamictal šŸ’Š?

Iā€™m curious if people have noticed a major difference in the effectiveness of lamictal based upon the dosage. Iā€™ve been up to 200mg before and thought that I did not feel much different than at 100mg. Currently I am at 50mg but have been somewhat unstable recently so Iā€™m considering upping the dosage back up to 100mg.

Iā€™ve read lamictal inhibits your bodyā€™s ability to absorb folic acid (also known as vitamin B9) . Iā€™m curious if anyone has had an analysis that checked B9 levels after being on lamictal for a while.

Also, has anyone had problems with lamictal causing issues with your platelet count?

I donā€™t think smoking marijuana in any form is good for mental illness. Iā€™d be suprised if this charlottes web that you speak of is any different.
They say they are developing CBD based drugs but theyā€™re not out yet. I think itā€™s best to wait until itā€™s proven effective by the professionals.

Iā€™ve been on and off lamictal for almost ten years. No platelet problems but maybe some issues with folate deficiencies. I can tell that my hair is a different quality on lamictal if that makes any sense. But not nearly as bad as other AEDs like toprimate or trileptal.
The best thing you can do if youā€™re worried about your vitamin B levels is supplement with a drug called Deplin. Itā€™s B-methelfolate and available by prescription. Some really good doctors will use it in combination with an antidepressant because it enhances them, and my guess is with lamictal and other drugs that deplete B vitamins.

Hello MG1, I agree with your caution regarding smoking cannabis. ā€œMedical cannabisā€ is an umbrella term thatā€™s really incomplete. A higher THC cannabis can be fantastic for someone with Tourette syndrome, but horrible for bp/sz. When in doubt donā€™t risk it.

ACDC is different, however, because the THC is so low. Itā€™s CBD-dominant with a 20:1 ratio over the THC. Charlotteā€™s Web Hemp Extract (a dietary supplement thatā€™s legally shipped in the US) is 26:1 (not 30:1 as I posted previously) and itā€™s calming, non-addictive, NO side effects, NOT a gateway ā€œdrug.ā€ CBD is clinically tested safe up to 1500 mg./day. Try that with aspirin. You could probably contact CW Hemp and ask them if they have any resellers who could send you a small sample of their mid-potency product.

Hereā€™s the thing: they are developing CBD ā€œdrugsā€ in the UK, and they are doing studies. However, there are TONS of ā€œprofessionalsā€ who have already tested CBD and found it to be safe at reducing both negative and positive symptoms. If you want to read a batch of reviews (multiple studies examined in each review) on PubMed, hereā€™s a [link to 38 of them](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=((ā€œcannabidiolā€[MeSH%20Terms]%20OR%20"cannabidiol"[All%20Fields])%20AND%20(ā€œschizophreniaā€[MeSH%20Terms]%20OR%20"schizophrenia"[All%20Fields]))%20AND%20Review%5Bptyp%5D&cmd=DetailsSearch) current and back to 2003.

The best study (Leweke, Piomelli) is written up in TIME Magazine. The study uses 800 mg. CBD/day, showing it to be as effective as amisulpride, but with NO side effects. No weight gain. But 800 mg. is a LOT of CBD. Not cheap. But for a maintenance dose, even 125 mg/day of CBD could help balance things out for you.

Yes more studies are needed. Itā€™s going to be years till the U.S. takes cannabis off of Schedule 1 so funding and studies can be done in the US. More clinical studies are easy to find here. Iā€™ve seen my son take CBD for 1.5 years, and it always make a positive difference. Greatly helps reduce my anxiety and increase my focus too. :slight_smile:

Is it a pleasurable experience? To smoke, this charlottes web?

I said, is the web pleasurable to get trapped in?

Iā€™m only aware of Charlotteā€™s Web in liquid form - either olive oil or mint chocolate flavor. If you feel a calm focus is pleasurable, then yes, itā€™s helpful. Thereā€™s no ā€œhighā€ from any cannabis product that has a ratio of 20:1 CBD-to-THC or greater. Ratios of 5:1 or 2:1 CBD-to-THC might not be healthy for bp/sz. Lean toward very high CBD products (hemp products are CBD-dominant).

AC/DC is available in a smokable version as well as tinctures (often coconut oil). There is no high associated with it, but it is calming, anti-anxiety remedy.

CBD is not like an antibiotic, where you take it for a while and itā€™s done. Itā€™s definitely NOT like any narcotic. Itā€™s more like a daily vitamin supplement, injestible mostly through liquid or smoking. Some skin patches and gel oens are available. Point being my son does best when he takes it 2-3 times daily. Knowing the milligrams in each serving is important. 125 mg CBD is a maintenance daily dose, but more is needed for significant therapy.

Do not stop taking prescribed meds. Add-in CBD. Over time and consistent use, discuss any very gradual reduction of pharma meds with your doctor. CBD has no side effects so as you feel improvement, stick with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I take Depakote. it helps with my anger and irritability and my mood. I even find to talk more on Depakote and I seem less depressed so lamictal shoul help you also :wink:
I am still really unhappy but this is sz more than everythingā€¦