Any one here has a physical defect apart from schizophrenia?

I am not “perfect” physically and you?

1 Like

Not really. I do have physical issues but they’re due to meds side effects, so not sure if they count.

I’m overweight though, and I can’t blame that on the meds.

Probably being overweight is just a consequence and something barely normal among schizophrenics… I was talking about a specific trait, like a deformity for example. I had a cyst in my mouth and that changed a little bit configuration, in my situation.

1 Like

When I use to work or tried to work I had developed tennis elbow from my job that kept me from completing tasks on the job because it would be so painful. After awhile pressure from coworkers that I’m not pulling my fair share of the work would complain that caused me to quit my job. I liked working there but feeling like a woos because I could not pull my own weight I left. It was a job as a Rodman for a surveying team. And the other job that I had was at target and my feet would hurt to a point that I could not walk without much pain. I think it was due to the meds I was on at the time. I saw a couple of doctors about the problem but they could not help relieve the pain I was feeling so I quit that job too. Without much consideration since it was a seasonal job. Christmas season. I don’t know if this counts as physical defect but it sure was a hamper to me keeping my job.

2 Likes

I used to have some sports related injuries as a teen. Osgood Schlatters disease a knee condition and winging scapula from impingement of the nerves in my shoulder. I’m far from physically perfect, I am like 5’7 short, not very attractive and so on. I used to be good at some sports as a kid though.

1 Like

I have a few scars from picking at myself when I was younger, uh widespread chronic pain nobody can explain, …hmm idk what you mean nobody is perfect physically like a handicap or something? My sister is disabled and bipolar shes missing a limb

1 Like

Hi @zero I mean like for example your sister (missing a limb for example) or another visible defect that makes appearance different but that may cause or not a specific disability. For example also congenital abnormality too, or cyst, mammary or mouth cancer… also as example, or just being accident victim again as example.

1 Like

I have a incredibly large ■■■■■ that makes things difficult for me.

4 Likes

bwahaha nice!!!

1 Like

I think I am in better condition to understand a physically disabled schizophrenic or mentally ill because I “have been there before”, that`s why I am asking. It is difficult to know what you think if your behaviour does note denounce exactly bad things, but physical disability it is like a physical “evidence” beyond any associated limitation.

I have low thyroid and low Vitamin D but, beyond that, I am OK physically. That would definitely make things even harder if I had a serious physical disability or impairment. I suppose I will look at my grass as green for the moment.

2 Likes

I would take a physical disability over sz any day

I have eczema in a couple of places. I’m also hearing impaired, if that counts.

1 Like

I’m overweight from antipsychotics and have flaming hemmoroids from geodon.

1 Like

Yes that counts @ZombiePupper. By the way, I have musical tendencies, but I really accept differences and I think that`s all that matters. If you are in need to talk to an understanding person your are welcome. Thanks for answering this personal and sensitive questions.

1 Like

I have a damaged eardrum, faulty wiring in my heart, and no place for my kneecaps to rest :head_bandage:

4 Likes

My one knee only bends to just about 90 degrees and doesn’t go quite straight. Can be quite a pain at times

2 Likes

I’m very hard of hearing. I should wear my hearing aids but most of the time, I don’t.

3 Likes

As you told me in another post, you play the piano, and that`s great. I feel a little bit below average in comparison to the common people (normies, right?) but from my experience of life I think you should not feel this way. May be you are more visual. Everyone is different and nobody is better than any one. Stigma is really an undesirable thing.

1 Like

I’ve said before but will say again that I’ve got a cleft lip and palate and some related minor deformities in my throat and jaw–the cleft was severe and bilateral. I also have hypermobility syndrome and recently developed TD.

2 Likes