Anti-psychotics injection (maintena)

Hey,

I’ve recently come off of my abilify injection (maintena), it’s been three days. I’ve read that the stuff stays in my system for up to 16 days afterwards. I was on 400mg.

Does anybody know whether there is a difference between coming off of oral and coming off of injection…does the amount gradually reduce on injection (leading to less withdrawal symptoms)?

It seemed to me that coming off the injection took longer, at least it did with the Prolixin. They had really loaded me up with that drug, though. I don’t know how it works with Abilify, but I would guess that it takes longer to come off the injection.

2 Likes

Years ago I had a Prolixin shots in the hospital. It wore off suddenly after I was out and I felt like I was naked.
The crappy pdoc did not even talk to his patients and just shot them up.
His waiting room was over booked and he ran an hour late.

This all permanently turned me off on shots. I can take meds if and when I want but you have to talk to me first. I feel more in control than with shots. But I guess they can be handy if you tend to forget.

Got prescribed maintena having taken sustenna for many months. Hopefully I’m not disappointed

did you have bad side effects from invega?

Yes I did, loss of potency

It can take 200+ plus days for maintena injection to leave your system since the half life for 400mg is 46.5 days. So it can be quite awhile.